- Joined
- May 19, 2025
- Messages
- 492
- Reaction score
- 636
- Cars
- BMW X1
Much more affordable than a Taycan thoughYou’re describing a Taycan Cross Turismo.
Much more affordable than a Taycan thoughYou’re describing a Taycan Cross Turismo.
I've been saying this forever but this is my dream. I wanted a smaller version of the Air (I love mine but don't need the space) in Sapphire trim, but this works. It looks very wagon-like in this picture.I know this is too far in the future to talk about it, but imagine a tri-motor Sapphire variant of that Cosmos, with slightly lowered suspension and wider stance. I can see a do-everything sport wagon taking shape!
Given the current Sapphire is $250k, a 3 motor sapphire version of the Cosmos would not be cheaper than a Taycan.Much more affordable than a Taycan though
Agree, I think that styling will make it work VERY well in European markets also.Back to the real photo: To me, it looks a lot more like a hot hatchback than an SUV. Which is a very, very good thing, as far as I'm concerned
Economies of scale. They're going to be able to sell far more of these than the Air, so development of a sapphire version will be spread over many more cars, which should result in competitive pricing. I'd be surprised if the sapphire version was over $80k.Given the current Sapphire is $250k, a 3 motor sapphire version of the Cosmos would not be cheaper than a Taycan.
For 80kI’ll have an order in if a sapphire version is under $80k!!Might be a little early to talk sapphire… let’s get the dream/GT out first…
yeah, I think $100k for a Sapphire is achievable, especially since the midsize platform is heavily focused on cost engineering. Maybe $80k-$90k if I'm being boldYeah I expect a GT version to get near 75K since that is where the IX3 and EX60 will be with the fully loaded big range and power ones...Maybe 100K for Sapphire...
I mean the Air Sapphire's carbon ceramic brakes are probably 10-15K alone, and it's got as much battery as the GT. A GT Cosmos needs near 100KWhr battery to get the 419 mile range (I assume they will just make it do one less than the Air Pureyeah, I think $100k for a Sapphire is achievable, especially since the midsize platform is heavily focused on cost engineering. Maybe $80k-$90k if I'm being bold
I don't think a Cosmos Sapphire would have carbon ceramic brakes. As an option? Maybe, then that'll throw in the extra $10k.I mean the Air Sapphire's carbon ceramic brakes are probably 10-15K alone, and it's got as much battery as the GT. A GT Cosmos needs near 100KWhr battery to get the 419 mile range (I assume they will just make it do one less than the Air Pure) I am surprised it's still actually less efficient than the Air Touring and Pure, although maybe they will switch to the different EPA calc...
I think it should, if it doing tri-motor 2.5s it should have it at least as an option, none of these Tesla weeny bs brakes like on their performance cars....I don't think a Cosmos Sapphire would have carbon ceramic brakes. As an option? Maybe, then that'll throw in the extra $10k.
It looks more like a smaller Gravity than model Y. Look at the front alone and you should see it's different from Y. I like it; just hope it comes out 100% ready.Funny enough, I might be in the minority here, but to me it looks just like a Model Y. Had to zoom in to really tell if it was a different car or not.
But agreed that this is likely the Cosmo. The R2 is like an inch shorter than the Model Y. It is clearly the benchmark in the segment.
With the range, charging speeds and luxury that Lucid can deliver, this could be a homerun. They just need to get it to market already but glad they are being careful with the launch. They NEED to get this one right.