Cool website on Auto Interfaces

This forum does not agree with that statistic from 2019.

It is overwhelmingly more negative (I don’t have a stat, but my gut feel is something like 70/30) - we try very hard to keep it from getting to be overwhelming in either a negative or positive direction.

It’s hard, lol
I also thought that the tone was negative, but then I started seeing the trends. What I have been noticing is that the members who have been on this forum for a long time are generally more critical (as odd as this sounds, they "lodge" more complaints) than new members, but they also tend to love the car and have their own reasons for it. Essentially, I think older members are well balanced, one example of many being the mods. When we get to the newer members, I somehow "feel" that they tend to be more fanboy-ish, which has the odd effect of making this forum as a WHOLE seem fanboy-ish due to it overshadowing the complaints by more experienced users (thus, skewing more positive). As I've previously stated, I believe this is an attempt to "fit in," as from the surface they see that everybody is being a fanboy. It's almost like an infinite loop..

Is this just my imagination, or are other people also noticing this trend?

What differentiate car/drivers enthusiasts, vs software enthusiasts?
Enjoying the car, vs bitching about it.
Or, if you’re both, you enjoy the car and work around any lack of software by using the reversed API and/or Home Assistant to solve your problems. :)
Or if you're both, you like cars. And you like software. And there's this sweet little intersection called Apple CarPlay where they get along. Otherwise, don't let my peas and my mashed potatoes touch. Keep your web browsers and your netflix and your fart sounds out of my car and just let it drive.

Or if you're both, you like cars. And you like software. And there's this sweet little intersection called Apple CarPlay where they get along. Otherwise, don't let my peas and my mashed potatoes touch. Keep your web browsers and your netflix and your fart sounds out of my car and just let it drive.
Amen.

Or, if you’re both, you enjoy the car and work around any lack of software by using the reversed API and/or Home Assistant to solve your problems. :)
Great response.

/r/shamelessplug

A serious question though, don't the API/HA only add "aftermarket" features and not native features? Therefore, is there really much MAJOR functions you can access using it but not natively? (i know you can do things like turning all lights off, etc, but is there any feature ADDED?)
What you are describing are "actions," not "features."

With HA, I can automate my car and home and make them interoperable (geofence garage opening/closing when the Lucid arrives/leaves, have HA notify me for various things, have HA tell me to plug in when I get home because my SoC is low and I didn't notice, and so on).
I can also track all of my data, get a *real* efficiency graph, and see how it maps out over time, etc.

All of those are features you can't get from either the Lucid interface or the mobile app today.

But sure, I still can't add a button to play fart sounds. 🤷‍♂️

I also thought that the tone was negative, but then I started seeing the trends. What I have been noticing is that the members who have been on this forum for a long time are generally more critical (as odd as this sounds, they "lodge" more complaints) than new members, but they also tend to love the car and have their own reasons for it. Essentially, I think older members are well balanced, one example of many being the mods. When we get to the newer members, I somehow "feel" that they tend to be more fanboy-ish, which has the odd effect of making this forum as a WHOLE seem fanboy-ish due to it overshadowing the complaints by more experienced users (thus, skewing more positive). As I've previously stated, I believe this is an attempt to "fit in," as from the surface they see that everybody is being a fanboy. It's almost like an infinite loop..

Is this just my imagination, or are other people also noticing this trend?
This is actually a fantastic example of why it's terrible to play armchair-CEO. You think you have seen trends. You have made assessments and assumptions based on those perceived trends. Cool.

You do not see every post. You do not see even close to every comment. There is a lot that the mods do behind the scenes to help people massage their posts for various reasons - get more info, help them get help, address common misconceptions ahead of time, clean tons of spam, remove 'YOUR CAR SUCKS TESLA ROCKS' and so on.

You do not have all the data. Please don't make assumptions - ask. :)

it is true that sometimes we let through more 'fanboy' comments - there are sort of seasons to this, largely around 'how busy the mods are today.' :)

What you are describing are "actions," not "features."

With HA, I can automate my car and home and make them interoperable (geofence garage opening/closing when the Lucid arrives/leaves, have HA notify me for various things, have HA tell me to plug in when I get home because my SoC is low and I didn't notice, and so on).
I can also track all of my data, get a *real* efficiency graph, and see how it maps out over time, etc.

All of those are features you can't get from either the Lucid interface or the mobile app today.

But sure, I still can't add a button to play fart sounds. 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for the clarification. It does look like I got my point across, and my question was answered! No fart sounds here though, thankfully. I remember when my cousin showed that "feature" to me in his Model 3... my reaction was "Uh... and?" As Sun Tzu once said, "If it can't impress a damn 9 year old, there is no adult that will appreciate it."

What I meant was, the API cannot add features to the actual screens of the car, right? Of course, that is absolutely not something I would expect, but I guess my definition of a "vehicle's features" differs from yours (guess I'm more "old fashioned," which I find very ironic). Again, my question was answered, so thanks!
This is actually a fantastic example of why it's terrible to play armchair-CEO. You think you have seen trends. You have made assessments and assumptions based on those perceived trends. Cool.

You do not see every post. You do not see even close to every comment. There is a lot that the mods do behind the scenes to help people massage their posts for various reasons - get more info, help them get help, address common misconceptions ahead of time, clean tons of spam, remove 'YOUR CAR SUCKS TESLA ROCKS' and so on.

You do not have all the data. Please don't make assumptions - ask. :)

it is true that sometimes we let through more 'fanboy' comments - there are sort of seasons to this, largely around 'how busy the mods are today.' :)
Apologies if it looked like I was playing an armchair CEO. In no shape or form was that my intent, as I tried to make it as clear it was just an educated guess (using words like "believe," etc)! But yes, I have made assumptions based on my perceived trends and did not anticipate that would have been an issue. Again, very sorry.

But now I'm curious, and since you told me to ask; what are the trends you have been noticing regarding this topic? And another question, what do you do about the stuff that goes something like "YOUR TESLA SUCKS BECAUSE I SAY SO, LUCID IS GREAT, ELON MUSK IS TRASH," etc (in other words, the fanboy comments)?

Last edited:
Speaking of positive but unpopular comments, I have come to the purely unsupported conclusion ( I don’t know it for a fact, I just know it’s true ), that most of the problems with cell phone keys are due to the phone and not the car…😊

Apologies if it looked like I was playing an armchair CEO. In no shape or form was that my intent, as I tried to make it as clear it was just an educated guess (using words like "believe," etc)! But yes, I have made assumptions based on my perceived trends and did not anticipate that would have been an issue. Again, very sorry.
Nothing to be sorry about - I wasn’t calling you out. It was just a perfect example of the issue of lacking context, which we *all* lack when it comes to Lucid.

But now I'm curious, and since you told me to ask; what are the trends you have been noticing regarding this topic? And another question, what do you do about the stuff that goes something like "YOUR TESLA SUCKS BECAUSE I SAY SO, LUCID IS GREAT, ELON MUSK IS TRASH," etc (in other words, the fanboy comments)?
It’s cyclical, generally. It seems that every few months we get a spate of nonsense, and then it pauses for a while.

As for the latter question, we try to do the same thing with both. There have been plenty of people on this forum (I’m not going to name names) who have been warned to be honest and realistic, and not “fanboy.” It’s okay to love Lucid, your car, or anything else. But if the only thing you post is bashing Tesla or useless banter about how much you love your car, that actually doesn’t help the forum.

However, there is significantly less of that than Lucid/Peter-bashing in general, typically for various nonsense that doesn’t matter. We prefer people keep that stuff to Twitter or wherever else they want to collect themselves and their thoughts.

But we do try to keep it relatively even, and call each other out on our bias in either direction. Trust me, we *also* get frustrated sometimes, with the car, the company, or the forum. But it’s our “job” to do the “next best thing,” not stay frustrated.

Sometimes that means “vacationing” from the forum for a while.

What I meant was, the API cannot add features to the actual screens of the car, right?
In a roundabout way, sort of, because of CarPlay. There’s a HomeAssistant CarPlay app which lets you show action buttons on the screen, like “turn off lights” or “open garage door.” Kind of cheating, but it kind of counts.

Back