Consumer Reports First Look at the Air

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
I just noticed this in the new issue of CR. I didn't hit any potholes in my test drive, so I can't comment on their perception of how the car handled this:
IMG_3195.jpeg

Umm...... I've hit potholes and like any car with low profile tires you hear and feel it more. The Lucid is no different than any other car i've hit potholes with on low profiles.

I actually like the motor whine but do agree with them on visibility, takes a little getting used to. :)

Td
Umm...... I've hit potholes and like any car with low profile tires you hear and feel it more. The Lucid is no different than any other car i've hit potholes with on low profiles.

I actually like the motor whine but do agree with them on visibility, takes a little getting used to. :)
That's a good point about low profile tires. They didn't say which tires they had on the car, but I guess the standard tire is a low profile on the AGT?

I agree, visibility is probably the biggest adjustment for me. The whine just makes me feel like I am driving an e-ticket ride at Disney. It does not bother me.

Did they really drive the car? The mention the steering wheel and mirror adjustments require you to use the touch screen and the wheel, but they don't....

Did they really drive the car? The mention the steering wheel and mirror adjustments require you to use the touch screen and the wheel, but they don't....
This was not their typical full assessment since they said they had only ‘rented’ the car from Lucid. They will usually buy a car for evaluation as would a typical consumer. That’s why they called it a ‘first impression’.

This was not their typical full assessment since they said they had only ‘rented’ the car from Lucid. They will usually buy a car for evaluation as would a typical consumer. That’s why they called it a ‘first impression’.
Still, factual reporting, even as a first impression is important.

I agree, visibility is probably the biggest adjustment for me. The whine just makes me feel like I am driving an e-ticket ride at Disney. It does not bother me.
Agree about the whine but is is louder than a Tesla. It's only at slow speeds though.

Still, factual reporting, even as a first impression is important.
I agree. I assume, although I’m not making excuses for them, it was a lack of time with the car that resulted in their errors.

I agree on the engine whine…. I had a passenger with me one time who kept looking around.. i said what are you looking for.. she said ‘ I hear a police siren but I dont see a police car’ 🤣 so I had to tell her it was the motor whine

I truly ❤️ the engine whine. It makes me feel like steering a hovercraft in one of planets in StarTrek.

Td

That's a good point about low profile tires. They didn't say which tires they had on the car, but I guess the standard tire is a low profile on the AGT?
The standard is the 21s low profile tire. That seems to be what is in the picture. I have the 19s and they are fine with NY roads and potholes

CR often only does these first impressions on very expensive cars and then does NOT purchase the cars for a full review. Too expensive for the number of CR members who might buy such a car. I am a CR member but I suspect that CR will not do a full review of the Lucid. If they do...it will likely be a Pure.

CR often only does these first impressions on very expensive cars and then does NOT purchase the cars for a full review. Too expensive for the number of CR members who might buy such a car. I am a CR member but I suspect that CR will not do a full review of the Lucid. If they do...it will likely be a Pure.
Yup, but I do believe they will eventually buy the Pure since they have bought & tested cars pricier than the Pure.

Back