QUESTION Concerned?

prodolf

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 7, 2025
Messages
131
Reaction score
242
Cars
Lucid Gravity Dream
Gravity DE Number
037
Anyone on this forum concerned about the long term viability of this company?
 
I’m not. They are clearly going to sell a lot of shares in the next year, probably in a way that protects the PIF and dilutes everyone else. And honestly that’s a good thing for the company’s long term prospects.
 
Not really. The PIF has stated they will continue to provide strong support, but they are no longer an open blank check ask no questions cash vault; I have hedged by leasing, but my snarky answers is only as much concerned as the rest of the struggling automakers who have been trying to make themselves go away by losing money and sales: Porsche, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, Nissan, Maserati, Jaguar, Lincoln, Rivian, Buick, Mitsubishi, Dodge, Crysler, Tesla (their profits are approaching 0, and are betting the farm and all their cash on robot cars and people).
 
Nope….I would be more concerned about the Germans and Detroit. Their EVs are very bad.
Checkout the next BMW iX3. That is the next generation of EV from automakers and they are going to be right there with Lucid.
 
What is your definition of long-term?
I'd kind of like to know if they're going to be around long enough to support my new Gravity DE? Alternatively if the trend continues, hemorrhaging cash, employees and execs, then it may be time to dump the vehicle before it's resale hits "Fisker Ocean" levels.
 
I'd kind of like to know if they're going to be around long enough to support my new Gravity DE? Alternatively if the trend continues, hemorrhaging cash, employees and execs, then it may be time to dump the vehicle before it's resale hits "Fisker Ocean" levels.
I leased my vehicle for this exact reason. I've hedged my bet on the company. As an investor and "owner" of a Gravity, I am planning on the company being successful and around for a long time. Henry Fisker was always a better salesman than an engineer and I did not think the Ocean would save the company.

If everything is "hunky dory" at the end of the lease, I can buy out the car or order a new one.

I'd be very worried if I was a shareholder.
Don't worry, I am ....
 
not currently. The proof will be in the more economical vehicles, if they can scale production to the necessary levels and deliver a product with acceptable software out of the gate. The midsize vehicles will be the decider in the future of the company.
 
No
 
Anyone on this forum concerned about the long term viability of this company?
Not really. It took Tesla 10 years to show even a single quarter of profit, and 17 years to be reliably profitable. Lucid makes great cars. Great products can usually find buyers. But starting a car company from scratch is really hard, and capital intensive. They do need to clean up the software, and they seem to be doing that. They need more service centers around, and I think that will come.
 
I'd kind of like to know if they're going to be around long enough to support my new Gravity DE? Alternatively if the trend continues, hemorrhaging cash, employees and execs, then it may be time to dump the vehicle before its resale hits "Fisker Ocean" levels.
The Fisker Ocean was a bad vehicle, overall. The Gravity is not.
 
Anyone on this forum concerned about the long term viability of this company?
Not concerned, but I think the company's long term viability is definitely in question. If they go under, it won't affect me materially.
 
Yes, it is going down as the prices of our cars
The car price isn’t just a Lucid problem, it’s an EV problem in general. Then slap on the luxury element and its tanks even more.
 
Back
Top