Complete car

Who's that?
On the members page, it shows most recent members who joined. I happened to be looking at it last month and saw this member name: BenFoldyWSJ. I guess the member could just be a fan of the writer, so not 100%, but my guess is that it's the writer :).

Btw, I randomly happened to notice a few weeks ago that the WSJ automotive reporter had joined this forum :).
He PM'd me a few weeks back wanting to provide comments on Lucid but I told him I was the wrong person to go to as I don't own a car. Also wasn't 100% sure of what value it would bring but given the circumstances, Lucid needs a kick up the you know what. They're clearly controlling the narrative of the reviews with everyone staying clear of showing the software. I think Doug was the only one that went into it with a bit of detail.
  • Peter said 520 vehicles by the end of the year (missed)
  • Peter said DreamDrive features would be added in January (missed)
  • Peter threw shade at Tesla by saying they were going to get production right and yet they're can't seem to get more than 40 cars off the line a week 3 months in
  • How do they have a parts and finish issue on 520 cars? The parts should have been in stock well in advance of production when we're only talking 520 cars.
You can't just release all the positive stories and remain quiet on all the negative.

He PM'd me a few weeks back wanting to provide comments on Lucid but I told him I was the wrong person to go to as I don't own a car. Also wasn't 100% sure of what value it would bring but given the circumstances, Lucid needs a kick up the you know what. They're clearly controlling the narrative of the reviews with everyone staying clear of showing the software. I think Doug was the only one that went into it with a bit of detail.
  • Peter said 520 vehicles by the end of the year (missed)
  • Peter said DreamDrive features would be added in January (missed)
  • Peter threw shade at Tesla by saying they were going to get production right and yet they're can't seem to get more than 40 cars off the line a week 3 months in
  • How do they have a parts and finish issue on 520 cars? The parts should have been in stock well in advance of production when we're only talking 520 cars.
You can't just release all the positive stories and remain quiet on all the negative.
Peter actually promised 577 cars to be delivered in 2021. He made that promise originally when the Dream Editions were still limited to 500 before the EPA 520 rating that resulted in increasing the Dream to 520 and I got upgraded as a result. I remember the 577 clearly because before I got upgraded I was hoping to get my AGT before year end.

I too am getting really frustrated. I’m in month 3 with #38, and still don’t even have cruise control, let alone lane assist. The rep working with me tries to get info, but I think HQ is reluctant to give a timeline. Where is my dreamdrive for which I paid $170,000?

I think I mentioned this in another thread. Even though these features are available in other cars the software is probably copyrighted/patented. So either you pay to use it or write it yourself. Writing your own code is hard.

I think I mentioned this in another thread. Even though these features are available in other cars the software is probably copyrighted/patented. So either you pay to use it or write it yourself. Writing your own code is hard.
The base is using Nvidia Drive, which is the same base as Tesla and others. You have to provide your own sensor data and models.

The base is using Nvidia Drive, which is the same base as Tesla and others. You have to provide your own sensor data and models.
I don’t think they’re doing anything with Nvidia. The hardware is provided by Continental & Bosch with the software being completely designed in house.

Back