Colder weather folks, what are you doing for wheels/tires?

cpd1

Cars
Air Dream P
Selected the 21" for my DE P, potholes be damned! So will be delivered w summer tires so will need to switch to deal with northeast winter.
Thinking about using AS, these days snow not too bad in NY/CT so no need for full winter, that has worked well on my other cars.
Handily TireRack has the Lucid listed now, Michelin Pilot Spot AS4 are awesome tire if not cheap...
I have asked my CS rep and delivery advisor many times for a price for a set of 19" but that seems to be a challenge :mad:

I have received my VIN. I am expecting to receive delivery within 2 weeks. I am in Wisconsin and have been asking to buy a set of 19’s or get specs to buy aftermarket wheels. Have had no good answer as of yet as well.

I'm interested in the same. I selected the 21" wheels for our GT and live in Colorado. I asked about extra wheels available for purchase from my delivery advisor and they said Lucid will be launching an online parts / gear store shortly where you can buy extra wheels. Not sure if it will be up in time however. We were told 2-4 months to delivery when we locked our GT order last month which will put us into February or March. Our heaviest snow months.

At least they are consistent in basic lack of info...You can fit winters on the 21s but not really what you want to do in really cold/snowy places.
Bbamrah, congrats on getting your VIN, I have been told 3 weeks ago my car had entered production but still no VIN, I went for Zenith Red, as far as I know no DE in that color has been delivered yet.
The 19" tire spec listed on Lucid and TireRacks shows the same 245/45 19 than Tesla bu to your point no idea about offset, one might take the wild guess it migth be the same given Rawlinson's past but that's a big leap

Has anyone contacted Tirerack? In the past when they didn't have wheels for my specific vehicle, I called and they were able to give me several options that weren't on their website.

I'll give them a call this week and see what they say.

It's early but an all weather may have more winter traction than an all season. All weather has a snow flake symbol on it. All season may not.

I opted for the 19" wheels for my Dream R, primarily because winter is approaching, and even though I live in Arizona, I go to my house in the While Mountains (Pinetop, AZ) and it snows there. I asked about also getting the 21" Dream series wheels. The sales advisor is looking into that for me. I'm mostly interested in the 21" wheel, since they are a special version for the Dream edition. I may put them on in the summer.

Tire Rack lists the 19" tires, although they are backordered:

Last edited:
I got the 21” and plan on ordering the 19” as an accessory for winter driving.

Few of us have asked Lucid the same but seemingly they can't come back with price/availability of a 19" set. I was told back in Sep they would have plenty of 19" w AS tires from DE left over production but despite contacting them few times since, no firm answer.
I am not going to drive w summer tires in the winter so need a solution from delivery. The PSAS4 are great tires so for 95% of winter use case they will work well, with the exception of full on/packed fresh snow which is an edge case here in southern NY/CT, in any case way better than summer which would be outright dangerous
Good video to watch if you have spare time

I just confirmed an AGT with 19in both for range and winter. Live in Montana. I would not trust 21inch tires with thin tires/tread on real snow/ice. they are performance tires.

I just confirmed an AGT with 19in both for range and winter. Live in Montana. I would not trust 21inch tires with thin tires/tread on real snow/ice. they are performance tires.

I'm taking delivery on 19" in order to get maximum range in the drive home and to use for snow tires. Will need to check weight ratings.

Edit: Needs to be 95-97. Tire Rack has offering with rating of 102, but no Blizzaks.

What are PSAS4?

Last edited:
Got a call from CS to tell me they still had no clue when they would sell 19 wheels or rims. I was "encouraged" to go ahead and buy tires to which I said could be challenging in 19" without actual wheels to put them on;)
Long story short, don't expect to source a set of 19" from them any time soon so 21 AS or winter best approach although definitely not the friendliest to deal with winter roads

My friend who took delivery of his Dream w/ 21"wheels in Orlando shipped it back to Albany, NY, thinking he could use it there when the roads were clear of snow. I pointed out to him that the tires are not formulated for temperatures below 40 degrees even on dry roads. He called Lucid about getting a set of 19" wheels. He said Lucid wanted $2500 per wheel, although they said they would send someone to mount them for him.

I told him to call Tire Rack to see if they could recommend a good 19" wheel with the correct mounting specs.

My friend who took delivery of his Dream w/ 21"wheels in Orlando shipped it back to Albany, NY, thinking he could use it there when the roads were clear of snow. I pointed out to him that the tires are not formulated for temperatures below 40 degrees even on dry roads. He called Lucid about getting a set of 19" wheels. He said Lucid wanted $2500 per wheel, although they said they would send someone to mount them for him.

I told him to call Tire Rack to see if they could recommend a good 19" wheel with the correct mounting specs.

Even Porsche known for nickel and diming would not even come close to that amount. Wow 10K

The phrase ‘highway robbery’ comes to mind.

$10k for 19"??? Even forged wheels are cheaper but not so bad since they would mount for free:D

I'm assuming that price includes the all-season tires, but it's still ridiculous . . . even with that very enticing offer for free mounting.

I do recall reading somewhere that Lucid Air might have the same wheel specs and offsets as Tesla Model S. Are any of the owners able to confirm that? Obviously that would really open up options for aftermarket wheels/winter tires.

Well, supposedly the wheels are manufactured the HRE, I think that's what I heard. Looking at their forged wheels, they ain't cheap.

Back