Clicking sound when driving

masoudm

Cars
Grand touring
I have noticed a clicking sound when I push the accelerator pedal after the car is stopped. Is that normal? If I change the setting to rolling care, the click is much less but still comes up sometimes.

I noticed it too. I'm guessing it has to do when "hold" is engaged (you can see it on the main screen) it's probably brake locked so you don't roll forward or back on an incline.

When you press the accelerator it clicks off as it disengages. If it only says "ready" rather than hold then it is much quieter

Last edited:
I have noticed a clicking sound when I push the accelerator pedal after the car is stopped. Is that normal? If I change the setting to rolling care, the click is much less but still comes up sometimes.
Yeah when it’s in hold you’ll hear it when you tap the accelerator again. If you touch the accelerator lightly if doesn’t click as loud.

It is the brake lock module, which is located just in front of the driver. I thought that there was a problem with the car and mentioned it. The technician checked it and confirmed what it was and that the sound is normal.

Back