Child Safety

GopsandLuci

Cars
Air Grand Touring
My three year old put his fingers over the window glass, just when I activated the glass to close. I tried stopping the glass from going up but it didn't and hurt my child's fingers. Anyone else experience this?

Not sure how many windows stop for any car. I remember this happening to me as a kid as well. They won't ever do it again though, like being burned.

That sucks, and I’m so sorry to hear your kid got hurt! Manufacturers do try to detect when too much force is applied and stop, but those systems are not perfect and every single car has this problem, sadly, not just Lucid. A child’s fingers, especially if not pushing down on the window, may not be detected.

Windows are not sharpened and are generally fairly thick, so while they may cause some bruising and potentially bleeding they are unlikely to sever a finger or cut it, but that is only of minor comfort when it’s your kid, and I totally get that.

Again: so sorry to hear about your child and hope that they’re okay. Happened to me as a kid too, and I have friends who have had it happen. I’d love it if the relevant authorities came up with some more specific guidelines for this, actually.

I used to be a owner of an Acura (2008) and that one had a good system of detecting something that's obstructing the glass when going up (e.g. kid's fingers). So was very surprised and disappointed that Lucid didn't have this feature. Agree, my three year old's fingers may not have put pressure for it to detect. I guess, I should do a test on this myself.

Back