Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring U Drag

Screenshot_20230818-215040~2.png

Screenshot_20230818-215029~2.png
Screenshot_20230818-215034~2.png
Screenshot_20230818-215021~2.png

🙂

Seeing as though this thread is off topic anyways

The Rimac Nevera just shattered the Tesla Model S Plaid track package record at Nurburgring by 20 seconds.

I wonder why Lucid didn't set any track records with Sapphire?

The Rimac Nevera just shattered the Tesla Model S Plaid track package record at Nurburgring by 20 seconds.

It won't count until it starts production?

Oh damn, I really wanted a sub 6 time! Now it sadly seems unlikely the sapphire can do it.. but who knows with lucids chassis engineering.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Z06 was rumored to set a sub-6.. I think that the ZR1 will beat the GT3 RS, along with the mustang GTD(yes that is why it is 300k, it is a gt car for the road)! If this really happens, the entire world will be on notice and americans will no longer be a joke in track cars.(if the z06 even being out didnt fix that yet)

Yes they did and they can go quicker in time. The Lucid Sapphire WILL set times but the pre production prototypes don't count. So once deliveries start it'll try for good lap times but remember it ISN'T a track car.

And the thread is on point.🙂

Oh damn, I really wanted a sub 6 time! Now it sadly seems unlikely the sapphire can do it.. but who knows with lucids chassis engineering.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Z06 was rumored to set a sub-6.. I think that the ZR1 will beat the GT3 RS, along with the mustang GTD(yes that is why it is 300k, it is a gt car for the road)! If this really happens, the entire world will be on notice and americans will no longer be a joke in track cars.(if the z06 even being out didnt fix that yet)

Under 6? No chance there's no production road legal fully homologated car that will ever do that I don't think.

Under 6:30 maybe.

^^^^^
Isn’t sapphire 250K plus?
Z06 is 100 k less
Apples to oranges
Ones a 4 door Lincoln lookalike and ones a revolutionary looking sports car 👍

Some of the comparisons are almost cringe, worthy
Just my take

I think most of these comparisons are pretty silly and irrelevant. Here, they’re comparing a luxury 4-door sedan to a sports car optimized for road courses. Neither car is designed with drag racing as its primary purpose. I personally don’t have a dog in this fight, as I own an AGT and I’m on waiting lists at four Chevrolet dealers for a Z06 Corvette (probably getting one late in calendar year 2024). So, just buy one of each!
Agreed…. It’s like the Plaid comparison vs super cars
You’ll love the Z06 it’s amazing
6 months in with mine. Not sure the 458 was better or not.

^^^^^
Isn’t sapphire 250K plus?
Z06 is 100 k less
Apples to oranges
Ones a 4 door Lincoln lookalike and ones a revolutionary looking sports car 👍

Some of the comparisons are almost cringe, worthy
Just my take
I agree! The Z06 is an amazing deal, and it is one of my favorite cars!

However, the GT3 IS 250k with markups and porsche customization options.. so what would you say about that? And we cant forget about corvette markups..

I love the Z06, but give the Lucid its credit. For gods sake its a 5 door sedan with cargo capacity rivaling SUVs and some of the best rear legroom. In addition, it is electric and has had some amazing engineering put into it(and no, I am not saying that the Z06 didn't, I have massive respect for how they benchmarked the 458 instead of the 488 for emotion). I think both cars are worth their price(although I think the lucid should be 200k, and the corvette for that level of performance should be 150k lol).

Also, in what way does the lucid look like a Lincoln? I don't see any similarities in character lines, flow, color treatments, or cohesion? Your Lucid trashing on this forum is getting ridiculous. Why are you even here?

I agree! The Z06 is an amazing deal, and it is one of my favorite cars!

However, the GT3 IS 250k with markups and porsche customization options.. so what would you say about that? And we cant forget about corvette markups..

I love the Z06, but give the Lucid its credit. For gods sake its a 5 door sedan with cargo capacity rivaling SUVs and some of the best rear legroom. In addition, it is electric and has had some amazing engineering put into it(and no, I am not saying that the Z06 didn't, I have massive respect for how they benchmarked the 458 instead of the 488 for emotion). I think both cars are worth their price(although I think the lucid should be 200k, and the corvette for that level of performance should be 150k lol).

Also, in what way does the lucid look like a Lincoln? I don't see any similarities in character lines, flow, color treatments, or cohesion? Your Lucid trashing on this forum is getting ridiculous. Why are you even here?
Exactly my point of comparison of a five door family sedan versus a proper supercar
Apples/oranges…… it’s like the plaid comparisons
Just my take on the comparison with the Z06. This seems to be the common theme of bystanders & cars and coffee events in regards to looks of the air. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Some love some don’t

Just my take on the comparison with the Z06. This seems to be the common theme of bystanders & cars and coffee events in regards to looks of the air. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Some love some don’t
I get it! For a supercar, the Z06 is phenomenal value.

Also, I have just realized that the Lucid has almost NO comparison in the hypersedan space. The GT63 E Performance and Panamera turbo s e hybrid come close, but even those are more super than hypersedan.

In resect to Lucid, being their first car and platform. What they've done is truly remarkable and is basically an all around car and no one comes close to that aspect.

Back