Charging Port Door

Mine takes a firm press in the lower right hand corner. But I usually use the cockpit button, or phone app, or (I think) watch app.

I use the button on the left cockpit panel touchscreen, because pressing that spot always just feels wrong. Like I'm going to make it loose over time or something.
Full turn off sequence you have to remember with this car...haha. First you gotta mute your music, then you have to open the charge port door from the screen and THEN get out. And pray the doors don't lock while you're grabbing the charger 😂

Full turn off sequence you have to remember with this car...haha. First you gotta mute your music...
Music turns off when the car locks.

Full turn off sequence you have to remember with this car...haha. First you gotta mute your music, then you have to open the charge port door from the screen and THEN get out. And pray the doors don't lock while you're grabbing the charger 😂
It's so engrained in me at this point, I don't even think about it anymore.

I have always manually turned off my music in every car I've ever owned. Because I hate autoplay with the heat of a thousand suns. I'm just glad the Lucid (and CarPlay) respects that stop and doesn't attempt to blast music back in my face when I get back in later. I'll never understand people who want that.

And I guess decades of popping gas covers just makes it habitual for me. I always have something in the frunk, anyway, so I just pop both buttons when I get home every day.

A lot better than tapping a random corner fifteen times with a thick cable in your hands when you just want to grab your backpack and move on with your life.

I find that you have to push it. Simply touching (like the location Rivian has for their vehicles) doesn't open it.
Try pressing in the center near the bottom edge. I wasn't able to open it pressing towards the bottom right but pressing bottom center works consistently for me.

So that is why my fantom blue charge door does not open! I thought I had to take it in for service!

Back