Cell Phone Charger

I've mentioned this in other threads, but I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max with an Apple leather case. The "trick" to getting it to charge without shoving it in all the way is to push it in until the Camera Bump causes it to stop. Pushing it in further will cause the phone to not be fully flush with the charging pad. If the phone does not start to charge right away, pull the phone toward you and then press back against the charging pad. This seems to make it start charging. At this point you can push it in all the way, although there is no need to wear out the charging pad rubber or your phone's leather...

Thank-you for this tip! I have same model phone/case. Still quite finicky to get just right: per your reco, I slide down until camera touches…no charging yet…slowly pull back up until I see the charging icon pop up. Then all is good…at least sitting in garage. Will go for a drive later with phone charging, to see if it stays in place.

Clearly, much more complicated than just tossing one’s phone into a wireless charging tray. Hoping Lucid comes up with a more user-friendly replacement in the near future. A bit surprised that Lucid / tech company, was caught off-guard that Apple (or any tech/cellphone company) might change their phone design/size.

Thank-you for this tip! I have same model phone/case. Still quite finicky to get just right: per your reco, I slide down until camera touches…no charging yet…slowly pull back up until I see the charging icon pop up. Then all is good…at least sitting in garage. Will go for a drive later with phone charging, to see if it stays in place.

Clearly, much more complicated than just tossing one’s phone into a wireless charging tray. Hoping Lucid comes up with a more user-friendly replacement in the near future. A bit surprised that Lucid / tech company, was caught off-guard that Apple (or any tech/cellphone company) might change their phone design/size.
I guess I didn’t make it too clear, but what I do is rock the phone forward and back, if it does not charge - no pull back out. If I push the phone in while it maintains contact with the rear, I’ve never had a case where it doesn’t charge.

Moderator Bobby posted an extremely clever fix for the folks who are having difficulty with the Lucid Air’s wireless phone charger.

He created a simple wedge that improves the angle the phone rests at and gives a surface to attach a magnetic MagSafe compatible puck charger that connects via the usb-c port. This improves the charging speed and gives a secure cradle for your phone in the well of the center console.

I’ve designed a couple of versions of it and posted it to thingiverse for those of you folks who have 3D printers. These fit into the existing clamp so they are secure in terms of position.

This one works best for larger phones:

Lucid Air Wireless Charging Dock by jonnee - Thingiverse

And this works best for smaller phones:

Lucid Air Wireless Charger Wedge by jonnee - Thingiverse

Thanks again, Bobby!

Attachments

• 204BD12B-95B2-4920-85EF-79D05799834B.jpeg
    204BD12B-95B2-4920-85EF-79D05799834B.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 5CE91CA0-8DFD-4B8D-9B34-AF474CE6D336.jpeg
    5CE91CA0-8DFD-4B8D-9B34-AF474CE6D336.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 2D51B474-F5A5-4876-A1F9-F0F50CCF7D12.jpeg
    2D51B474-F5A5-4876-A1F9-F0F50CCF7D12.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 98
Moderator Bobby posted an extremely clever fix for the folks who are having difficulty with the Lucid Air’s wireless phone charger.

He created a simple wedge that improves the angle the phone rests at and gives a surface to attach a magnetic MagSafe compatible puck charger that connects via the usb-c port. This improves the charging speed and gives a secure cradle for your phone in the well of the center console.

I’ve designed a couple of versions of it and posted it to thingiverse for those of you folks who have 3D printers. These fit into the existing clamp so they are secure in terms of position.

This one works best for larger phones:

Lucid Air Wireless Charging Dock by jonnee - Thingiverse

And this works best for smaller phones:

Lucid Air Wireless Charger Wedge by jonnee - Thingiverse

Thanks again, Bobby!
This is great! With the first one and the charger in the position you have the holder in, does the cover panel still close say, with an iPhone 13 Pro?

Back