Carwow NEW Lucid Air review video!

On the Dream??? No longer available in the USA.

Why doesn't Lucid send out Pures for review...with a base price of 87k, more people would be interested. Stop sending the higher trim models which hardly anyone can afford.

Why doesn't Lucid send out Pures for review...with a base price of 87k, more people would be interested. Stop sending the higher trim models which hardly anyone can afford.
Actually, I havent seen a single in depth review(thing, doug demuro like) of the pure or the touring.

I like Car wow, but he could have done a little investigation into why he wasn't hitting the efficiency numbers. No one gets 520 miles of range with the Dream Performance on 21", nor is it the EPA stated range... The performance is also tuned to be stiffer from my understanding.

Oh well... Lucid should have ensured he knew the details before handing a car over for review. Great car nonetheless.

I don't blame Lucid for sending out the higher trims. i subscribe to several car magazines and I often see car reviews/comparisons where the cars with the higher trim get better reviews (duh!) and often there is only a small notice of the starting price. There is a reason that Porsche usually sends well optioned cars for reviewers.

I like Car wow, but he could have done a little investigation into why he wasn't hitting the efficiency numbers. No one gets 520 miles of range with the Dream Performance on 21", nor is it the EPA stated range... The performance is also tuned to be stiffer from my understanding.

Oh well... Lucid should have ensured he knew the details before handing a car over for review. Great car nonetheless.
Yeah, but a great reviewer does their research and doesn't look ignorant on camera, so could've just been high expectations
Same car, different trim. Not worth a whole new review.
I think we just need more people saying, starting price 87k!

There is a simple reason for that (on top of the 21"). He's in England and it is still cold.

In the Pacific Northwest, my Tourng all winter and still these days when the high is 60 struggles to get above 3 mi/kwh if I measure it since last charge. For the lifetime of the car, which (I guess?) discounts vampire drains and only measures efficiency while driving, the car averages 3.3 mi/kwh.

Enter the couple of days we had a preview of the summer, when the temps climbed to above 75. The trip meter got 4.5+! This would easily make the claimed 425 miles of range if sustained. It was the first time I saw these numbers.

Lucid needs a heat pump to have the advertised range consistently. Oh well!

Are these European range in the video?

A4283951-D98B-4770-9AB3-7CFC132FD59B.jpeg

Are these European range in the video?
Yes, but they have switched the range between the Dream editions.

Take a look at the German site. Range in km:

WLTP is very generous!

8AF17BE2-7FD8-4109-B8E2-872C55C5C446.jpeg

Back