Carwash damage to sensors and brake light

J Champaigne

Cars
2022 Lucid Air Dream
I went through a brushless carwash. I had previous issues with damage to trunk seals and Lucid replaced the seals November 7, 2022. This time the experience was much, much worse.
As I drove away from carwash I saw warning that brake light malfunctioned. I then noticed that I did not have much power and could only drive at 36 mph. When I came to full stop at traffic light the car automatically shifted into P. Each time I tried to ship to D the car would return to P. After several failed attempts I shifted into R and backed up briefly and then went into D with success. This happened a second time at the next traffic light. I had the hazard lights on, or so I thought. One side was not working and the (honking) cars behind me couldn't understand my situation. I finally made it home and stopped in my driveway instead of the garage in case I needed it to be towed. Good thing. After talking to Lucid customer service I tested my (secret) method one more time. It failed. I am officially stuck. Fortunately it is in a good location in my driveway (ready for towing if needed) and not on a street or highway.
So, upset? Not really. I'm an electrical engineer running my own company. I understand first edition products. It happens. I could get upset or mad but I am almost out of my allotted quota of those reactions. I have the Gold Air Dream edition and I almost never go out without compliments from strangers. I'm in love with my Lucid. I am disappointed with the issues but I understand about software.
So, my advice is don't get so upset that your blood pressure causes you a heart attack. Life goes on. Just be patient. Lucid will get this corrected. I own stock and will continue to buy more stock.
Jack M Champaigne
Mishawka, IN

Man, that sucks. i hope Lucid is able to figure out what happened and gets it fixed for you. Wondering if the carwash was incidental to an underlying problem with the wunderbox of HV battery or if the pressure from the car wash knocked something loose.

Most car manufactures run every car through a rain tunnel to check for leaks. I guess Lucid doesn't?

Could you see damage to the sensors and brake light? Was is a physical malfunction or a poor timed software one?

Touchless washes are pretty much harmless and only use chemicals ( very expensive lol) to clean your car. The water pressure is there but not enough to damage a car. I own a few and I have had a lot of cars incl my cars go through it and no damage. Haven't taken the lucid yet

I went through a brushless carwash. I had previous issues with damage to trunk seals and Lucid replaced the seals November 7, 2022. This time the experience was much, much worse.
As I drove away from carwash I saw warning that brake light malfunctioned. I then noticed that I did not have much power and could only drive at 36 mph. When I came to full stop at traffic light the car automatically shifted into P. Each time I tried to ship to D the car would return to P. After several failed attempts I shifted into R and backed up briefly and then went into D with success. This happened a second time at the next traffic light. I had the hazard lights on, or so I thought. One side was not working and the (honking) cars behind me couldn't understand my situation. I finally made it home and stopped in my driveway instead of the garage in case I needed it to be towed. Good thing. After talking to Lucid customer service I tested my (secret) method one more time. It failed. I am officially stuck. Fortunately it is in a good location in my driveway (ready for towing if needed) and not on a street or highway.
So, upset? Not really. I'm an electrical engineer running my own company. I understand first edition products. It happens. I could get upset or mad but I am almost out of my allotted quota of those reactions. I have the Gold Air Dream edition and I almost never go out without compliments from strangers. I'm in love with my Lucid. I am disappointed with the issues but I understand about software.
So, my advice is don't get so upset that your blood pressure causes you a heart attack. Life goes on. Just be patient. Lucid will get this corrected. I own stock and will continue to buy more stock.
Jack M Champaigne
Mishawka, IN
When I first got my vehicle, I did a thorough inspection and noticed several gaps that left wiring exposed. Looking behind the tail light bar, my car, and I suspect everybody else’s, had a quarter inch gap through which I can see electrical components. Presumably a car wash could easily spray water in there. I mentioned this to Lucid and got nothing but reassurance.

Attachments

• B56BB0E9-36A8-453E-BCEB-C1B27A3043F1.JPG
    B56BB0E9-36A8-453E-BCEB-C1B27A3043F1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
So far I've run my Air Touring through an automatic car wash, not touchless, twice and the car is fine. As others have pointed out though, the car drips water from crevices for a long time after the wash.

Back