CarPlay suddenly not auto activated

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
I’ve been using CarPlay since it appeared a few months ago with no issues.

Suddenly in the past week when I enter the car I noticed that CarPlay is no longer activated although I do have WiFi on my iPhone.

I need to manually start CarPlay from the pilot screen.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

I’ve been using CarPlay since it appeared a few months ago with no issues.

Suddenly in the past week when I enter the car I noticed that CarPlay is no longer activated although I do have WiFi on my iPhone.

I need to manually start CarPlay from the pilot screen.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
This comes and goes for me. It’ll start automatically about 85% of the time. Haven’t figured out any pattern to it.

I had the same problem yesterday. Even when I went on the screen to re-activate CarPlay it would not work. A reset solved the problem. Anything else could I done?

I had the same problem yesterday. Even when I went on the screen to re-activate CarPlay it would not work. A reset solved the problem. Anything else could I done?
I've found putting the phone into airplane mode for a few seconds, then putting it back on regular mode, then tapping the activate button in Settings usually does the trick when I get into that situation.

I had the same problem yesterday night as well. Carplay was working fine in the morning but at night, it didn't activate and re-activating CarPlay in device screen didn't work. Tried hard rebooting phone with no luck. Planning to try later today and reset if needed. Looking for other work-arounds or solutions.

I’m having the same issue as well. And when I try to activate it in the “devices” menu the CarPlay symbol is grayed out and unavailablE. Have to reboot the car and phonE to get it working again.

Mine stopped working somehow in wireless mode but does work if I hook it up using the USB-A port but not the USB-C port 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

bumping this thread. I have the opposite question. Is it possible to disable auto-activation of carplay. I prefer to use Lucid's nav/spotify apps, but carplay always pops up when i get a text message, and then i have to shoo it away. It would be nice if there was a way to disable it, but also have it available in case i'm planning on a drive that requires waze cop detection 😈

bumping this thread. I have the opposite question. Is it possible to disable auto-activation of carplay. I prefer to use Lucid's nav/spotify apps, but carplay always pops up when i get a text message, and then i have to shoo it away. It would be nice if there was a way to disable it, but also have it available in case i'm planning on a drive that requires waze cop detection 😈
There's a switch in Settings / General / Carplay / YOUR CAR that allows for a non-automatic connection. Unfortunately, it also requires FaceID or TouchID to activate manually. So you can't just tap the CarPlay button and go. You'd have to very deliberately activate it with a distracting Unlock of your phone. And once you connect it, you'd still have the problem of it popping back up with messages, etc. So no solution to this at current time.

I think Lucid could solve both issues by saving the current home state (CarPlay or Native) along with the current tab in the native interface. And then having an option to never switch tabs automatically.

There's a switch in Settings / General / Carplay / YOUR CAR that allows for a non-automatic connection. Unfortunately, it also requires FaceID or TouchID to activate manually. So you can't just tap the CarPlay button and go. You'd have to very deliberately activate it with a distracting Unlock of your phone. And once you connect it, you'd still have the problem of it popping back up with messages, etc. So no solution to this at current time.

I think Lucid could solve both issues by saving the current home state (CarPlay or Native) along with the current tab in the native interface. And then having an option to never switch tabs automatically.
That’s a great idea. I also find it sometimes which is back to the Lucid home screen from CarPlay, particularly after parking cameras are activated. It should resume whatever you were doing prior to the cameras.

There's a switch in Settings / General / Carplay / YOUR CAR that allows for a non-automatic connection. Unfortunately, it also requires FaceID or TouchID to activate manually. So you can't just tap the CarPlay button and go.
maybe i'll try this...i don't need carplay most of the time. In fact i think Lucid's implementation of messaging looks very similar to carplay as well, so not sure it's needed in any case. I only use carplay for waze once in a while, so if i need it i can unlock my phone manually. Thanks for the suggestion!

Does it still do that if you have it in DND?

Do Not Disturb? I haven't tried that...i suppose that could work, but then i won't get messages in Lucid's app either 😅
What do you mean? Are you saying you want Alexa to read your messages to you / view them within the Lucid’s native phone interface?

What do you mean? Are you saying you want Alexa to read your messages to you / view them within the Lucid’s native phone interface?
Yea i'd like the stay within Lucid's native environment. TBF it seems pretty decent. I like that they have those quick responses you can send back, without having to butcher voice to text.

Yea i'd like the stay within Lucid's native environment. TBF it seems pretty decent. I like that they have those quick responses you can send back, without having to butcher voice to text.
I actually find Siri uncannily accurate when I dictate a text.

I actually find Siri uncannily accurate when I dictate a text.
Same for me. But I don’t think it does well with various accents and different tonalities.

The funny part is it will get exactly what I said when dictating something to type. But when I ask it to set a reminder, or to call a specific person, it’ll often get that wrong.

Siri has gone a long time without an obvious boost in abilities and accuracy. I really hope Apple is working on something big that’s just taking a while. Like an entire rewrite or something.

I still think all voice assistants are mediocre at best. But it feels like Apple isn’t really leading the pack, by any means.

Siri has gone a long time without an obvious boost in abilities and accuracy. I really hope Apple is working on something big that’s just taking a while. Like an entire rewrite or something.
I would say Google ~= Siri, with Alexa lagging pretty far behind.

In any case, Apple (like everyone) is going berserk right now on LLMs trying not to miss the boat on that one, so I don't doubt Siri is gonna see a serious upgrade coming up.

Back