CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Amendment to yesterday’s crabby post: this morning I got the notification of the update availability. I started it from my phone on the Lucid App remotely, while the car was parked in my condo’s underground garage, where I didn’t think there was much of a signal strength. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, it worked - - and went I went down to the garage to wake the car up, I was able to initiate CarPlay almost immediately, no problem. No issues as far as I can tell. Yippee.

Ahhhh, my mistake, I wasn’t careful enough reading, sorry
On a slightly different subject, has anyone noticed how hot the back side of the upper curved display panel gets or is this something more specific to my car, my upper curve display panel gets almost burning hot to the touch?

I’m still waiting. Called customer service and they said it is released in batches of 100. He said call Sunday morning if it’s not there and they should be able to push it.

If I have to wait until Sunday…

Still waiting here.

I have had my AT for a whole 9 days now. Maybe that's why I'm still waiting.

I was speaking with Headquarters Sales Advisor to firm up the order for the Grand Touring and my concern about missing Apple CarPlay.

He said no problem, we have CarPlay and Android Auto so no issues...
Can anyone confirm that this is existing functionality or just vaporware? If it exists, I would love to see how that looks on screen.
I activated Apple CarPlay yesterday and used it. It works flawlessly, even better than in my Mercedes S560. Uses bluetooth or a usb cable. I'm so happy. Apple Maps or Google Maps is so far superior to anything built by or provided by auto manufacturers.

I activated Apple CarPlay yesterday and used it. It works flawlessly, even better than in my Mercedes S560. Uses bluetooth or a usb cable. I'm so happy. Apple Maps or Google Maps is so far superior to anything built by or provided by auto manufacturers.
Yesterday, the Lucid Nav was more accurate than the Google Maps nav. Just one data point 😁

On a slightly different subject, has anyone noticed how hot the back side of the upper curved display panel gets or is this something more specific to my car, my upper curve display panel gets almost burning hot to the touch?
Mine does too and I think it is normal.

Getting back from Atlanta today. So I’m guessing Apple car play dropped?
Was your first clue the 66 page thread called CarPlay is Here?

I wonder if I’m missing something. I’ve been eagerly awaiting CarPlay, and now that it’s here it looks fine (with the background changed to black) and works fine, but …

When you use CarPlay, what are y’all doing with the lovely large Pilot Panel? I always like having the map there while I’m driving, whether or not I’m using navigation instructions. When I switch to CarPlay in the Cockpit Panel, the map vanishes from the Pilot Panel. The navigation is now just the tiny square in the Cockpit Panel. The Pilot Panel is wasted—it displays nothing I need while driving.

As before, though, when using the map in the Pilot Panel, there’s no way to display the current music anywhere in all our vast screen real estate. This seems a waste.

I wonder if I’m missing something. I’ve been eagerly awaiting CarPlay, and now that it’s here it looks fine (with the background changed to black) and works fine, but …

When you use CarPlay, what are y’all doing with the lovely large Pilot Panel? I always like having the map there while I’m driving, whether or not I’m using navigation instructions. When I switch to CarPlay in the Cockpit Panel, the map vanishes from the Pilot Panel. The navigation is now just the tiny square in the Cockpit Panel. The Pilot Panel is wasted—it displays nothing I need while driving.

As before, though, when using the map in the Pilot Panel, there’s no way to display the current music anywhere in all our vast screen real estate. This seems a waste.
You can use CarPlay for audio and the Lucid mapping system simultaneously but only display one of the other at any given time.

You can use CarPlay for audio and the Lucid mapping system simultaneously but only display one of the other at any given time.
Separation of the pilot panel from the upper cockpit panel can not come soon enough. Add nav and music button to bottom of pilot panel and allow those screens to display while the cockpit panel shows car play or other information different from the pilot panel.

The CarPlay implementation has a ton of unused screen around it and yet the decision was made to eliminate the clock if CarPlay is active. I can not understand the logic of that decision. Ok you can have car play, but I’m taking the clock!

To be clear, you can use them simultaneously but you can’t see them simultaneously? It’s not really meaningful to be “using” the Lucid mapping system if it’s invisible, I think.

When you use CarPlay, what DO you do with the pilot panel? Maybe people have found uses I haven’t thought of.

If you are hooked to CarPlay, the sound will usually come through the speakers. You can unhook from CarPlay by using the control center on your iPhone.
Do you happen to know what settings on my phone or my Lucid I need to change to be able to get audio from my phone onto the car? Right now, while I’m using CarPlay I can’t get the sound to the car if I’m watching a video. I feel like it’s probably a permission I have unchecked, but I don’t know which one.

I did the update yesterday morning and I do like it. Works like a charm definitely will be using it a lot.

Small technical glitch though. When loading profiles the screen is pixelated and glitchy. I am confident it will be addressed in time.

I
Do you happen to know what settings on my phone or my Lucid I need to change to be able to get audio from my phone onto the car? Right now, while I’m using CarPlay I can’t get the sound to the car if I’m watching a video. I feel like it’s probably a permission I have unchecked, but I don’t know which one.
Hope you are not driving and watching videos through CarPlay.

In the control center, tap the music widget and you will have a choice of outputs.
B7113BA4-9EB2-4045-A2AE-EB2553779B94.jpeg

I’ve never noticed this before but has anyone else had the battery preconditioning fan turn on during an OTA? Downloading the OTA now and my kid got alarmed that it sounds like a tornado in my garage
Yes I noticed the same thing. My wife thought the car was about to explode. It was very loud for a few minutes.

Back