CarPlay is here! - Megathread

...13 minutes later, i get this
Please let Touring owners get Apple CarPlay first, then DE owners, and GT owners can be last.
No, really! 🙏

Well, actually, yes 😂

DE/GT owners seem to have suffered through a lot of bugs that were fixed while I was waiting for my car and I am thankful!
I get the sentiment. But all the DE owners would get the update in the first batch, with plenty of GTs to spare. There are only 520 of them. And I wouldn't assume all 520 were interested in udpating, necessarily. For one thing, many are probably Android users.

I'm sure there's a method to Lucid's madness. Or at least, there will be eventually. Could be by region. Could be by how quick you were to run the update last time. Could be all sorts of things. Whatever helps their team collect the correct data to optimize releases over time, I'm for that.

It's a matter of a few days we're talking here. Not months.

This is ... so ... exciting! Better than getting the car!

The CarPlay e-mail was the best e-mail of the day, haven't seen the OTA yet which is OK by me as it allows me to be educated by all tech gurus here.

...13 minutes later, i get this

Please let Touring owners get Apple CarPlay first, then DE owners, and GT owners can be last.
No, really! 🙏
Damn! 30 minutes elapsed, still no message. This method doesn’t work for me. Lucid Gods are just.

I see Touring owners wants Dream and GT owners to keep being Guinea Pigs vanguard. I see how that work. 😂

J/K
Yes, but that is obviously not how it works.

Very droll. Apples rot; Androids can last forever.

Not in my experience. I owned an Android phone for about 30 days, a few years ago. I downloaded and installed an update. The phone basically bricked itself. I returned it to Target for a full refund. The few pictures I took on the Android were really pretty though!

Just got a download notification 😁

0FD80CB0-A77C-4AF6-BA78-5FB897A6D441.jpeg

Didn't get the email but did get the update.
That means I'm not too far behind. They can skip me for others since I'm an Android Gal. Extremely happy for all the 🍎 folks who have been waiting for this update.

It’s pretty dope. I’ve probably been posting for an hour now

Attachments

• DA60291D-45F6-44AC-8295-A092AEB0D26B.png
    DA60291D-45F6-44AC-8295-A092AEB0D26B.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 57
Ok, I couldn’t wait…I installed it (extremely simple) and found it quite intuitive. I did a quick comparison between Tidal and Apple Music by switching back on forth on the same tracks and was pleasantly surprised to find that CarPlay actually sounded better. I’ll test it more this weekend but it looks like I’ll be saving 20 Bucks a month. ;)

Installed! On v2.0.58.. they've also made some other enhancements...update took about 35mons as they said it would... Now waiting for AA!

Attachments

• 16796332429078940923190340574341.jpg
    16796332429078940923190340574341.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 113
I've installed CarPlay, ability to use all the apps is awesome. Amazon music Ultra HD sounds pretty good as well. It's limited to the top screen, and I can't get it work wirelessly. Has anyone able to get it to work wirelessly?

I get the sentiment. But all the DE owners would get the update in the first batch, with plenty of GTs to spare. There are only 520 of them. And I wouldn't assume all 520 were interested in udpating, necessarily. For one thing, many are probably Android users.

I'm sure there's a method to Lucid's madness. Or at least, there will be eventually. Could be by region. Could be by how quick you were to run the update last time. Could be all sorts of things. Whatever helps their team collect the correct data to optimize releases over time, I'm for that.

It's a matter of a few days we're talking here. Not months.
DE owner impatiently waiting for update 😭

Back