• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I just got a message from Lucid that CarPlay is in the Lucid and how to set it up but I couldn't. Has anyone else tried it yet?

I just got a message from Lucid that CarPlay is in the Lucid and how to set it up but I couldn't. Has anyone else tried it yet?

Have to get the OTA first, coming soon.

Pure EV companies:

Tesla Model-S —— debut June 22, 2012
Tesla CarPlay —— NONE, 3898 days and counting.

Rivian R1T —— debut Sep 14, 2021
Rivian CarPlay —— NONE, 536 day and counting

Polestar 2 —— debut Feb 27, 2019
Polestar CarPlay —— release OTA 2.2 on Jun 22, delivered after 754 days from debut

Lucid Air —— Nov 4, 2021
Lucid CarPlay —— released OTA Mar 23, 2023, delivered 504 days from debut.

Perspective…
Lucid WINNING!!!!!!!!!
Agreed but these companies had/have a better native UI to compensate for delay/lack of CarPlay

Your car needs to update. You will be notified when the update is available, probably within the next day or three.
Come on Bobby, I did the update😎…I had to walk away and let the car go to sleep; twice and then it prompted me. So excited!

Harik
can you show me what device you chose to mount your phone
6A76EB54-6540-4F9C-BCEE-953D54A9FBDB.jpeg
By far, the nicest iPhone mount I’ve ever seen, it looks like it came with the car!

Come on Bobby, I did the update😎…I had to walk away and let the car go to sleep; twice and then it prompted me. So excited!
I do not need to walk away at all, but you do need to make sure that you answer the prompt on your phone first. Then after you do that you will be able to go into the Bluetooth settings of the car and tap the dimmed out CarPlay button to liven it up. I did not need to reset or sleep

I get that I have to wait for the update but is anyone else still waiting for the email?

Agreed but these companies had/have a better native UI to compensate for delay/lack of CarPlay
Oh, I have to strongly disagree with this. Tesla’s UI is a nightmare. Endless tabs filled with blocks of text and switches. Never knowing which tab has what function.

Ask any newbie to the Tesla platform how to turn on the windshield wipers.

I do not need to walk away at all, but you do need to make sure that you answer the prompt on your phone first. Then after you do that you will be able to go into the Bluetooth settings of the car and happy dimmed out CarPlay button to liven it up. I did not need to reset or sleep
is there a version number for this update?

Let me clear up questions about CarPlay
1. How does it look? I think it looks beautiful, see the attached picture. I went to the CarPlay settings and turn the background to just black and it looks nice. It sits inside it's on window and does not fill the entire screen, as does every CarPlay I've ever seen. When using navigation it only has info in its own window and does not have any other turn by turn in the main center dashboard or on the Pilot Panel.
2. How do I turn it on? When you get a new car after an update, your iPhone ask you if you want to use CarPlay. Say yes. Then, go into the Bluetooth settings and you will see a CarPlay icon next to the already set up phone. It will be dimmed out. Tap it and CarPlay will begin.
3. Is it wireless? It is both wired and wireless. I'm thrilled to say that the wireless implementation is extremely fast with zero lag.
4. When will I get it? Lucid rolls out updates to the fleet over a period of days. Please do not call customer service and try to get earlier in line. You will get it soon enough. I know everybody is excited, I don't blame you. It won't be long now.
5. Does it interact with the car such as state of charge or mileage remaining upon arrival? Currently, no. It does not interact with the car during navigation. If you want to see the display on the left that says miles remaining upon right arrival, use the Lucid UI.
7. How do I get back to the Lucid stuff? Tap the Lucid icon on the screen. See the picture attached.
8. Does it use my cell phone or the one built into the car? Like every CarPlay, it uses your own signal. This is actually really good for me. As you can see in the picture I have attached, I am only getting two bars from the built-in cell signal but I am getting full bars from Verizon in my area.
9. Do the steering wheel buttons work to go to the next song, etc.? Yes, they work as expected. If you press and hold the voice button for more than a second it will invoke Siri. Even easier, just say "hey Siri."
Nice ... will you be releasing a new BobbyOnTheAir video tonight? 😎

ps @Tesla2.0 = beautiful car + photos, thanks. Thought your car was black until I scrolled down. Amazing.
Thank you! Yes, people who know I have this car thought I have different colors of this car. At night, Zenith Red in my garage looks like black somewhat.

Let me clear up questions about CarPlay
1. How does it look? I think it looks beautiful, see the attached picture. I went to the CarPlay settings and turn the background to just black and it looks nice. It sits inside its own window and does not fill the entire screen, same as every CarPlay I've ever seen. When using navigation it only has info in its own window and does not have any other turn by turn in the main center dashboard or on the Pilot Panel. Some other cars do have this functionality, and I hope that can come in a future implementation. That said, I am not disappointed… We are off to a great start!
2. How do I turn it on? When you get a new car after an update, your iPhone ask you if you want to use CarPlay. Say yes. Then, go into the Bluetooth settings (pilot panel) and you will see a CarPlay icon next to the already set up phone. It will be dimmed out. Tap it and CarPlay will begin.
3. Is it wireless? It is both wired and wireless. I'm thrilled to say that the wireless implementation is extremely fast with zero lag.
4. When will I get it? Lucid rolls out updates to the fleet over a period of days. Please do not call customer service and try to get earlier in line. You will get it soon enough. I know everybody is excited, I don't blame you. It won't be long now.
5. Does it interact with the car such as state of charge or mileage remaining upon arrival? Currently, no. It does not interact with the car during navigation. If you want to see the display on the left that says miles remaining upon right arrival, use the Lucid UI.
7. How do I get back to the Lucid stuff? Tap the Lucid icon on the screen. See the picture attached.
8. Does it use my cell phone or the one built into the car? Like every CarPlay, it uses your own signal. This is actually really good for me. As you can see in the picture I have attached, I am only getting two bars from the built-in cell signal but I am getting full bars from Verizon in my area.
9. Do the steering wheel buttons work to go to the next song, etc.? Yes, they work as expected. If you press and hold the voice button for more than a second it will invoke Siri. Even easier, just say "hey Siri."
Bobby, you can also rearrange the CarPlay icons in any manner you like. So some may want the Lucid icon as the first one to make it easier to find and go back to the Lucid screen. To rearrange these icons, you generally do it on your phone and it then translates to the car's screen.

Bobby, you can also rearrange the CarPlay icons in any manner you like. So some may want the Lucid icon as the first one to make it easier to find and go back to the Lucid screen. To rearrange these icons, you generally do it on your phone and it then translates to the car's screen.
That is correct. It must be done from the phone. And actually, one thing that’s really nice is it will show on the screen immediately as you rearrange them. So do it while you are in your car to get your favorite arrangement across the various pages. You can also choose which apps to show or hide based on your preferences.

Am I the only person who got this email from Lucid:

Apple CarPlay® over-the-air update is here.​

Install the latest software update and enjoy wired or wireless Apple CarPlay in your Lucid Air.

It’s the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone as you drive. Get directions, make phone calls, respond to text messages, enjoy your favorite music, and more — all on the Glass Cockpit display.
Installation instructions
Here for you.
Our team is always available to answer your questions.

Connect with us at [email protected]or +1 888 995 8243.

Am I the only person who got this email from Lucid:

Apple CarPlay® over-the-air update is here.​

Install the latest software update and enjoy wired or wireless Apple CarPlay in your Lucid Air.

It’s the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone as you drive. Get directions, make phone calls, respond to text messages, enjoy your favorite music, and more — all on the Glass Cockpit display.
Installation instructions
Here for you.
Our team is always available to answer your questions.

Connect with us at [email protected]or +1 888 995 8243.
No, we all got it.

No, we all got it.
Yep ... it was a poorly worded email and should have instructed users that this update has begun to roll out to the fleet and may take up to a few weeks for everyone to get it. Their email just encourages people to call Lucid and complain about the lack of CP ... Lucid CS must be experiencing CarPlayMageddon right about now!

Back