Car shipped with tiny bit of factory PPF

tonybot

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Pure RWD
Referral Code
H48T7836
I am not sure if this was discussed before. My 2024 pure came with a tiny bit of PPF applied on the fender behind the wheel well on one side while the other side had nothing. Our awesome service tech in DFW Chris noticed this a brought it to my attention. He said it was news to him as well but he checked with his manager and confirmed some new ones are coming with this from the factory. He was able to order the PPF strips - there is official lucid part number and all and applied it this week. I thought it was really interesting that they started applying this tiny strip on newer airs but I am really not sure what the purpose is. Has anyone else seen this?

It was only on the front - nothing for the rear wheels. If it is corrosion protection, why not do it in the rear as well?

1723674099105.webp

1723674239895.webp

Yeah, my Touring came with the PPF strip for the front fenders as well. I'm assuming it's to prevent rock chips since at hard acceleration and turning, that area is susceptible to rocks/gravel/etc getting thrown from the tires.

Back