Interested in an aftermarket body kit for the Air?

@hmp10 has a DE, which comes with DDP. Wonder why there is a difference?

I stand corrected and thoroughly shamed. I just went to look, and my car does, indeed, have the sensors depicted above by @terrycs. Interesting that, as many times as I've hand washed this car, I've never registered their presence.

I stand corrected and thoroughly shamed. I just went to look, and my car does, indeed, have the sensors depicted above by @terrycs. Interesting that, as many times as I've hand washed this car, I've never registered their presence.
1000008998.gif

IMO…
Car sits to high even with 21’s

IMO…
Car sits to high even with 21’s

??

The car's height does not change between the 21" and 19" wheels. The smaller wheel diameter is made up by the taller sidewall height of the 19" tires so that both the 19" and 21" wheel/tire combos have almost identical total diameters.

??

The car's height does not change between the 21" and 19" wheels. The smaller wheel diameter is made up by the taller sidewall height of the 19" tires so that both the 19" and 21" wheel/tire combos have almost identical total diameters.
Just saying the overall stance even with 21’s
would look better with lowering links/springs
Still too much wheel gap. IMO
Without air suspension not many choices even eibach only has springs 4 lowering on DE
no other models

Just saying the overall stance even with 21’s
would look better with lowering links/springs
Still too much wheel gap. IMO
Without air suspension not many choices even eibach only has springs 4 lowering on DE
no other models
Yes, it would look better. However, with the car being as low as it is right now, I can't even begin to imagine the care that would need to be taken when going over
"obstacles" with a lowered car.

Yes, it would look better. However, with the car being as low as it is right now, I can't even begin to imagine the care that would need to be taken when going over
"obstacles" with a lowered car.

Yes. The airfoils ahead of the front wheels are already only 3 1/8" above the ground, and the forum is full of posts about them tearing off from hitting things. In fact, Lucid probably made them flexible with break-away tabs and easy to replace for just that reason.

Shortly after I got the car I was on a 6-lane road with traffic all around me when I saw a turtle in my path that I could not avoid (a frequent Florida occurrence). It was not particularly large, and I was able to center the car over it, hoping not to hit it. But the loud thump that vibrated through the car scared the bejeezus out of me, as I was afraid I had damaged the battery shield plate. Fortunately, I didn't. I couldn't see how the poor turtle fared, though.

While the gaps around the wheels are a bit larger than on some other cars, they are uniform around the circumference. Lowering the car would make the gap above the wheel look pinched relative to the gaps in front of and behind the wheel. Personally, I think that would make the car look odd. But that's just my take.

Also, the Air has one of the most finely-tuned suspensions in terms of handling and compliance I've ever driven -- and I've owned Mercedes AMGs, Audi R8s, Jaguars. One of the last things on the car that I would want to touch is its suspension geometry.

Shortly after I got the car I was on a 6-lane road with traffic all around me when I saw a turtle in my path that I could not avoid (a frequent Florida occurrence). It was not particularly large, and I was able to center the car over it, hoping not to hit it. But the loud thump that vibrated through the car scared the bejeezus out of me, as I was afraid I had damaged the battery shield plate. Fortunately, I didn't. I couldn't see how the poor turtle fared, though.

While the gaps around the wheels are a bit larger than on some other cars, they are uniform around the circumference. Lowering the car would make the gap above the wheel look pinched relative to the gaps in front of and behind the wheel. Personally, I think that would make the car look odd. But that's just my take.

Also, the Air has one of the most finely-tuned suspensions in terms of handling and compliance I've ever driven -- and I've owned Mercedes AMGs, Audi R8s, Jaguars. One of the last things on the car that I would want to touch is its suspension geometry.
I never had you pegged as a murderer. So disappointing. ;)

I never had you pegged as a murderer. So disappointing. ;)

I was hoping he survived, being a turtle and all. But his family wouldn't even return my calls to inquire.

This was my thinking as well ... the Air is already low enough so I didn't want to drop it anymore ... hence the fender flare approach. That's what Lucid did on the Sapphire to close up the gap and to allow for wider wheels and tires. The Sapphire fender flares make the car look lower when in fact it has about the same ride height as the GT.

Sapphire front fender flare:
IMG_5043 front flare.webp

Piece of front flare attached to the frunk:
IMG_5045 front flare frunk open.webp

Front tire protruding from front fender behind the flare:
IMG_5047 front flare frunk open.webp

This was my thinking as well ... the Air is already low enough so I didn't want to drop it anymore ... hence the fender flare approach. That's what Lucid did on the Sapphire to close up the gap and to allow for wider wheels and tires. The Sapphire fender flares make the car look lower when in fact it has about the same ride height as the GT.

View attachment 21394

View attachment 21395

View attachment 21396
Exactly what I’d be looking for the car just sits too high for my liking. Is this the project you are working on currently? How long before it comes to market?

Exactly what I’d be looking for the card just sits too high for my liking with the gaps. Is this the project you are working on
Yes, I've been looking for a vendor that can make something similar to the Sapphire flares. The flares should ideally not require any punch outs in the sheet metal for attachment.

I need the flares first before I can determine how wide I can go with wheels and tires.

View attachment 21394

View attachment 21395

View attachment 21396
Am I crazy in seeing that the flares don't do anything to close that vertical gap you are referencing?

I've never really thought about the wheel well gap of the Air in terms of its being too large. So I pulled up some pictures of the wheel well gap of the original Audi R8 which had the same semi-active damper / coil spring set up as the Air. That was a very aggressive- and sporty-looking car. Its wheel well gaps were, if anything, larger than the Lucid's, particularly relative to the size of the car.

I don't know the suspension travel figures on the Air (or the Audi), but I wonder if that has something to do with the size of the gaps?

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 1.53.48 PM.webp
Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 1.54.17 PM.webp

Just depends what you consider too high or too low and what look works for each person taste is different. I’ve lowered my last three daily drivers spur/ plaid/panamera with lowering links. I just prefer a more aggressive look then again I’m only driving the car an average 20 miles daily.

Back