Newbie problems with my 21 inch wheels

I will look into Costco. Did you do this on your car?
I tried to purchase tires from them for my project to upsize to the widest wheel tire combination possible for the Air. They wouldn’t sell them to me (liability reasons?) because they were “extremely” outside of manufacturers specifications. I ended up purchasing mine from Americas Tire.

Thanks guys for all the tips. I do have an America’s tire not too far from me. Will they warranty the lucid air only for the factory original tires? Or can I purchase the pilot all season tires and get the warranty coupon coverage? It’s so odd becusse when I search up the lucid air tires in their website it says nothing available.
So my new plan would be to get the pilot all season 21 tires at americas tire and pay for the warranty. Maybe I’ll keep an extra wheel with a summer tire tire mounted in my trunk as a spare. So that way wouldn’t be that big a deal to have AAA put on the spare wheel instead of having to get the car towed every time I get a bubble. Of course I’m going to now slow down a bit and always be looking for pot holes.
They will inspect and certify basically any tire. OEM, bought from them, or not.

I guess my question is, what all season tires can I get on the car that americas tires will let me buy a warranty for? I need a tire for the winters here in NJ
Any.

This is what I would have done if I were smarter. I also don't have a nearby America's Tire / Discount Tire. Tire Rack will warranty tires you buy from them at least, and they'll ship those tires to a shop near you to have them installed.
The nice part about AT/DT is you don't have to buy the tire through them to get the certificates. TR requires you to get the tire through them. Otherwise, they are the same.

So I think
They will inspect and certify basically any tire. OEM, bought from them, or not.

Any.

The nice part about AT/DT is you don't have to buy the tire through them to get the certificates. TR requires you to get the tire through them. Otherwise, they are the same.
So I think TR is way to go. So I’ll get on extra wheel and keep spare tire mounted. But how does TR work with the warranty? You send them pics of the damaged side wall and they’ll give you some kind of credit if you have warranty and they’ll send you a new tire?

Actually geez I just read online that warranty from TR useless because it’s such a hassle and they’ll do anything not to cover it

Shucks I do not have an americas tire store or discount tires store here in NJ. I have an American tire store - different. I don’t think any local stores gong to warranty these tires for side wall damage. Does anybody know if such a tire store warranty in NJ?
Go to Tirerack.com (I did this before for my BMW and now also to get two front 21s replaced on my GT because of a bubble). You buy them there online, and they will ship them to ANY store. You then have to pay only for the installation at that local store (80-100 bucks for 4 tires). Shipping takes 2-3 days. The insurance is typically included in the purchase.

In case something is happening you go to your tirerack.com account and see your orders (see screenshot below). You file a claim through their portal and boom.
They will ship again the new tires to ANY tire dealer.

I had to provide some photos, and it took 1-2 days, but then it was processed. It was a very easy process, IMO.Of course you have to pay upfront to accelerate the process.

1725648220021.webp

Actually geez I just read online that warranty from TR useless because it’s such a hassle and they’ll do anything not to cover it
I have used Costco in the past. They did honor the warranty but do reduce the value by the amount of wear. They also want to put on new TPMS rather than reusing the existing one. The biggest problem is that they won't have the tires in stock and for unusual tires such as these it will typically take a few days to get them.

Go to Tirerack.com (I did this before for my BMW and now also to get two front 21s replaced on my GT because of a bubble). You buy them there online, and they will ship them to ANY store. You then have to pay only for the installation at that local store (80-100 bucks for 4 tires). Shipping takes 2-3 days. The insurance is typically included in the purchase.

In case something is happening you go to your tirerack.com account and see your orders (see screenshot below). You file a claim through their portal and boom.
They will ship again the new tires to ANY tire dealer.

I had to provide some photos, and it took 1-2 days, but then it was processed. It was a very easy process, IMO.Of course you have to pay upfront to accelerate the process.
I have used Costco in the past. They did honor the warranty but do reduce the value by the amount of wear. They also want to put on new TPMS rather than reusing the existing one. The biggest problem is that they won't have the tires in stock and for unusual tires such as these it will typically take a few days to get them.

What all of you are saying was actually my point. They will all honor their warranties in some way; Costco reduces it by wear and you must have purchased the tires through them, TireRack makes you pay upfront, takes time to ship, and you must have purchased the tires from them, etc.

The difference is that the DT/AT tire certs:
  1. Don't require you to have purchased the tires from DT/AT. They will certify any tire, as long as they can look at it.
  2. Does not require any kind of 'claim' submission or process. You just show up with the car (or tire) at any DT/AT across the country and they will repair it, replace it, or refund it.
  3. Has three requirements:
    1. Tire must have failed due to a non-repairable road hazard or manufacturer defect,
    2. Has more than 3/32" of tread depth, and,
    3. Is within 3 years of the purchase date.
  4. The way it works is that, on the spot, they refund the full purchase price with sales tax. You then have the option to purchase a replacement at the refund price (plus sales tax), but you are not required to. If you want, you can get your tire anywhere else.
  5. Once you have your new tire, you can purchase a new certificate for that tire for about $100.
  6. There's no prorating, mileage adjustment or disqualification for any reason, including run-on damage.
I am unaware of any equivalent or better tire insurance/coverage anywhere else.

This is the America's Tire 'How to file a claim' section, in its entirety:
1725655285020.webp

And here is the full certificate: https://discounttire.scene7.com/is/...ertificates_CustomerInvoiceCertificate_AT.pdf

Back