Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

Do you think they never thought to press the handle during this issue?
I know of multiple people who didn't know that was a feature and didn't try it, in the same scenario.
 
As I was reading this exchange, I flashed on a visual which I really want to try: hammering impatiently on that door handle a la elevator button...
Who knows, might work. 🤣
 
As I was reading this exchange, I flashed on a visual which I really want to try: hammering impatiently on that door handle a la elevator button...
Who knows, might work. 🤣
Doesn’t I’ve tried, I even sent it to Lucid so they could authorize yet another service haul 🤣
 
As I was reading this exchange, I flashed on a visual which I really want to try: hammering impatiently on that door handle a la elevator button...
Who knows, might work. 🤣
Now that we have an elevator guy as Lucid's CEO, I am sure Silvio will figure out this door locking problem.
 
Now that we have an elevator guy as Lucid's CEO, I am sure Silvio will figure out this door locking problem.
IMG_0268.webp
 
My point is this - if you were locked out of your car and desperate to get in because your child was in there, it would never occur to you to at least push the handle, even if just in frustration? I would be trying everything and it seems
Iike pushing on the handle, even if I didn’t know if that was supposed to work or not, would be one of the first things I would do.
 
My point is this - if you were locked out of your car and desperate to get in because your child was in there, it would never occur to you to at least push the handle, even if just in frustration? I would be trying everything and it seems
Iike pushing on the handle, even if I didn’t know if that was supposed to work or not, would be one of the first things I would do.
I am glad you would have given that a try, for sure.

But if you think about it, you have door handles that are either flush or presented. It is not totally obvious that there is a third position where they deflect inward which I presume is for the sole purpose of waking up the car (this is what it did for me). I like Bobby's clever scheme to turn it into a locking mode in addition. Glad people think of this stuff.

Anyway, the more we all know, the better.
 
My point is this - if you were locked out of your car and desperate to get in because your child was in there, it would never occur to you to at least push the handle, even if just in frustration? I would be trying everything and it seems
Iike pushing on the handle, even if I didn’t know if that was supposed to work or not, would be one of the first things I would do.
A lot of people think pushing them in is the equivalent of breaking them. And breaking the door handle, when it isn’t presented, is the last thing I’d want to do if my kid were in the car.
 
Got an update to the Lucid iOS app today. After the update my car has responded 100% to my approaching the car and unlocking the doors. Might be a coincidence, but so far a marked improvement. I hope it's not a coincidence. Lucid was not specific about what was fixed in this update. Fingers crossed. My Lucid has been quite reliable except for using phone as a key. And 2.9.0 made it worse. Maybe this iOS update is the fix.
 
Got an update to the Lucid iOS app today. After the update my car has responded 100% to my approaching the car and unlocking the doors. Might be a coincidence, but so far a marked improvement. I hope it's not a coincidence. Lucid was not specific about what was fixed in this update. Fingers crossed. My Lucid has been quite reliable except for using phone as a key. And 2.9.0 made it worse. Maybe this iOS update is the fix.
It added recall alerts for the EU and support for Austria and Luxembourg
 
Most of the time when I press the door handles, they just stay smooshed in until the car eventually unlocks. It’s very rare that that has a direct unlock effect for me.
 
Most of the time when I press the door handles, they just stay smooshed in until the car eventually unlocks. It’s very rare that that has a direct unlock effect for me.
I've found that if you're using the mobile app, just opening it will trigger a signal to the car to wake up. At that point, I can press the handle and it'll respond immediately.

(Android) I've made it so that double-tapping the power button on my app strictly opens the Lucid app to make the process faster. It sucks that I have to do this but it's a working solution for an unreliable entry. I also have auto-unlock disabled in the car..
 
I've found that if you're using the mobile app, just opening it will trigger a signal to the car to wake up. At that point, I can press the handle and it'll respond immediately.

(Android) I've made it so that double-tapping the power button on my app strictly opens the Lucid app to make the process faster. It sucks that I have to do this but it's a working solution for an unreliable entry. I also have auto-unlock disabled in the car..
On iOS, opening, the Lucid app can actually make it take longer in my experience. The fastest way to access the car at least on an iPhone is to take your phone and for me actually unlock it for @borski he’s had success, just waking the phone, not even unlocking it.
 
Back
Top