Car dead

Define “die.” Does it start up at all? Did you try a reset? Please provide more detail.

Define “die.” Does it start up at all? Did you try a reset? Please provide more detail

Power comes on and as soon as you hit the brakes you get drive system fault. Along with other warnings. Battery image. Lane change fault and the dash flashing red. Minute later everything dies. 5 minutes later power comes on. Hit the brakes and same thing all over again. Plus won’t shift into gear

Last edited by a moderator:
Power comes on and as soon as you hit the brakes you get drive system fault. Along with other warnings. Battery image. Lane change fault and the dash flashing red. Minute later everything dies. 5 minutes later power comes on. Hit the brakes and same thing all over again. Plus won’t shift into gear
This sounds like an HV battery failure. Most likely you’ll need your HV battery and Wunderbox replaced. I had that once as well.

I have never heard of anyone having issues after replacement, for what it’s worth.

Any thoughts around if they have improved these parts in newer builds?
🤷‍♂️

I assume they’re putting the V2 Wunderbox and battery packs in new builds, but I have no idea if that’s true, and moreover, I have no idea when they would have started that.

Thing is, most of the v1 packs will never fail, so in general I wouldn’t stress about it.

This sounds like an HV battery failure. Most likely you’ll need your HV battery and Wunderbox replaced. I had that once as well.

I have never heard of anyone having issues after replacement, for what it’s worth.

Very likely. I had a similar set of symptoms with our 2015 Model S, although the car remained intermittently drivable, allowing me barely to make it the few miles home. It turned out that a weld joint had broken in the HV battery pack, taking out the pack and the rear drive unit.

🤷‍♂️

I assume they’re putting the V2 Wunderbox and battery packs in new builds . . . .

Could you say more about this? First I've heard of it.

Very likely. I had a similar set of symptoms with our 2015 Model S, although the car remained intermittently drivable, allowing me barely to make it the few miles home. It turned out that a weld joint had broken in the HV battery pack, taking out the pack and the rear drive unit.

Could you say more about this? First I've heard of it.
There is a v2 of the battery and Wunderbox. Apparently the issues were due to some sort of potentially, but not guaranteed, interference with some component in one of them; that’s why it only happens in a small percentage of the original batteries. I’m guessing it’s one of the components they had to multi-source, but i have no official info on that. They moved that component from one to the other and apparently that’s the v2.

There is a v2 of the battery and Wunderbox. Apparently the issues were due to some sort of potentially, but not guaranteed, interference with some component in one of them; that’s why it only happens in a small percentage of the original batteries. I’m guessing it’s one of the components they had to multi-source, but i have no official info on that. They moved that component from one to the other and apparently that’s the v2.
Car is back. Seems to be ok. They said was a conflict with softwear update. Ok. Said they did another upgrade and everything worked fine. I hope so. Thank you

Car is back. Seems to be ok. They said was a conflict with softwear update. Ok. Said they did another upgrade and everything worked fine. I hope so. Thank you
Glad it is working better... !

Anyone had their car just die on you. Mine is in service now. Power comes and goes. But car will not go into gear.
I’m having that problem now and I am very irritated. Car would power up but could not drive and no profile loading. “Rebooted” didn’t fix. Changed key fobs - did not work. App unable to start car. It’s been 2 hours and I still can’t drive my car and have had to go get a rental. I am beyond losses. Still waiting for customer care to answer the phone …

I’m having that problem now and I am very irritated. Car would power up but could not drive and no profile loading. “Rebooted” didn’t fix. Changed key fobs - did not work. App unable to start car. It’s been 2 hours and I still can’t drive my car and have had to go get a rental. I am beyond losses. Still waiting for customer care to answer the phone …
Try texting them at the same number. They’re very responsive to texts and emails.

Hi, @AmyS. Were you able to get through to Customer Care? Let me know if I may be of assistance.

Anyone had their car just die on you. Mine is in service now. Power comes and goes. But car will not go into gear.
Last week, I entered my car and nothing happened. No dashboard lighting up, no power to anything. It was as if it had just died. I let it "nap" for a couple of hours and then it was normal again. Very disturbing, as had this happened at an inopportune location, I would have been using an Uber.

Last week, I entered my car and nothing happened. No dashboard lighting up, no power to anything. It was as if it had just died. I let it "nap" for a couple of hours and then it was normal again. Very disturbing, as had this happened at an inopportune location, I would have been using an Uber.
Never seen that. Paging @mcr16 to see if Lucid knows about it.

Have you let customer care know?

Never seen that. Paging @mcr16 to see if Lucid knows about it.

Have you let customer care know?
@AlanB thanks for sharing and @borski thanks for flagging.

@hydbob would you mind opening the conversation feature for Alan so that I can drop him a DM?

Back