• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Can't charge at Home

Brahma)#

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Guys, I have the Lucid AIR GT. The car was charging perfectly for 21 days at home, I have a Nema 14-50 switch installed (the same one I used for tesla model s). 4 days back the car did charge and I tried everything even replacing the mobile charger and connecting to a regular wall charge it just blinks white and turns red. But the car is getting charged at Electrify America charging stations. I am speaking with Lucid for a resolution but just wanted to check if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks

I have not had anything like you describe. I have had the car not initiate a charge or hang up in charge pending state. When this happened software reboot was able to fix this for me.

I have not had anything like you describe. I have had the car not initiate a charge or hang up in charge pending state. When this happened software reboot was able to fix this for me.
May be I should try a factory reset! That may resolve

Guys, I have the Lucid AIR GT. The car was charging perfectly for 21 days at home, I have a Nema 14-50 switch installed (the same one I used for tesla model s). 4 days back the car did charge and I tried everything even replacing the mobile charger and connecting to a regular wall charge it just blinks white and turns red. But the car is getting charged at Electrify America charging stations. I am speaking with Lucid for a resolution but just wanted to check if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks
Have you tried it on a normal power outlet? Will at least eliminate if you've got a problem on the 14-50 outlet

Have you tried it on a normal power outlet? Will at least eliminate if you've got a problem on the 14-50 outlet
Did that and that’s when I realized something’s wrong I even changed the mobile charger

This might sound dumb, but did you push the plug in all the way on the mobile charger? I know earlier this happened to a few owners.

This might sound dumb, but did you push the plug in all the way on the mobile charger? I know earlier this happened to a few owners.
Nothing’s dumb at this point😀…I did that as hard as I could even asked the kid to push it in and that didn’t change anything.

Seriously! I have the Tec from Lucid coming in tomorrow though I am going to wait for him.
I have a ChargePoint Home flex L2 and my GT won’t charge some times. However, I noticed a red light on the side of my home flex on, so I wen to my breaker box and reset the circuit for the home charger and the car did take the charge. Mine’s in the shop now for some other minor issue and I asked them to check it out. I am also finding out my car will only beg charging on the EA system when I initiate from the Lucid application. I understand it should happen automatically.

I am going to try and reset the breaker as well. But a side question does getting a dedicated 3rd part level 2 charger makes a difference?

I am going to try and reset the breaker as well. But a side question does getting a dedicated 3rd part level 2 charger makes a difference?
It does not, if everything is working properly. The dedicated 3rd party lvl 2 charger is just like your old Tesla wall charger, a convenience and a nicer look than the mobile charger.

It does not, if everything is working properly. The dedicated 3rd party lvl 2 charger is just like your old Tesla wall charger, a convenience and a nicer look than the mobile charger.
Well most also let you schedule the charging around the cheapest times based on your energy plan. But otherwise the same. I like to keep the mobile charger in the car for emergencies 🤷‍♂️

I have a ChargePoint Home flex L2 and my GT won’t charge some times. However, I noticed a red light on the side of my home flex on, so I wen to my breaker box and reset the circuit for the home charger and the car did take the charge. Mine’s in the shop now for some other minor issue and I asked them to check it out. I am also finding out my car will only beg charging on the EA system when I initiate from the Lucid application. I understand it should happen automatically.

I have the same issue with my ChargePoint flex. Any clues as to why that happens? Somehow the Lucid causes a charge fault.

I am also finding out my car will only beg charging on the EA system when I initiate from the Lucid application. I understand it should happen automatically.
For the EA chargers, some are different. We have 4 near my house, all of varying ages, and they initiate differently. 1 is automatic. 1 needs me to confirm in the app and 1 is on screen. I haven't tried the newest one yet.

I have the same issue with my ChargePoint flex. Any clues as to why that happens? Somehow the Lucid causes a charge fault.
Same thing happens to me. The AMG EQS doesn't have issues but the Lucid will sometimes lock up the ChargePoint.

Back