Cancellation experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this posted on Reddit, is someone trying to make this a thing? To @borski ’s point answer the phone and the calls stop… not a big deal.
Yeah, I don't know why this is a story. Were I Lucid, this is precisely the approach I would take. Call to try and solve the customer's issue and hopefully win them back, but if they say no, or don't want it, or tell you to f off, or literally anything else, let it go and cancel it. If it turns out all they needed was reassurance that they can get snow tires but didn't know they could, or whatever, then you just saved a sale.

If they don't pick up, you have no way of knowing whether they just missed it, only check their phone once every few days, are deployed, or any number of other things; so of course you'd call until you can get in touch.

I don't understand why this is a story, and it shouldn't be; it is simple to pick up and say no, or email them back if you really don't want to be on the phone and say 'please don't call, just cancel.'

🤷‍♂️

This is such a non-story. They only call if you don't pick up. If you say no, even once, it's not like they continue to hassle you.
I would agree. I canceled mine by phone with no issues. The guy asked why I wanted to cancel as me SA was on holiday. I told him my concerns that I think this is the Fisker Karma all over again, I want certain features in any car I buy, and I really like the car hope you survive.

That was it and I got my money back the next day!

I did watch a video from the Electric Viking on some Lucid concerns, you be the judge.

I would agree. I canceled mine by phone with no issues. The guy asked why I wanted to cancel as me SA was on holiday. I told him my concerns that I think this is the Fisker Karma all over again, I want certain features in any car I buy, and I really like the car hope you survive.

That was it and I got my money back the next day!

I did watch a video from the Electric Viking on some Lucid concerns, you be the judge.
Lucid is nowhere near bankruptcy, and a lot of people misunderstand that. Elon’s tweet isn’t helping, but he is not exactly a “disinterested” party :)

Lucid is nowhere near bankruptcy, and a lot of people misunderstand that. Elon’s tweet isn’t helping, but he is not exactly a “disinterested” party :)
The amount of false narratives driven by Musk’s small opinionated and controversial Tweets is cringe worthy. We easily have a 3-4 year roadmap financially to see which direction Lucid takes as a company. They’ve already proven they can pivot. Frankly, my concern with their longevity is what will they do to solidify themselves in the market beyond cars. Tesla, Ford, Rivian all have side business beyond consumer vehicles that fund them. Lucid doesn’t have that yet.

The amount of false narratives driven by Musk’s small opinionated and controversial Tweets is cringe worthy. We easily have a 3-4 year roadmap financially to see which direction Lucid takes as a company. They’ve already proven they can pivot. Frankly, my concern with their longevity is what will they do to solidify themselves in the market beyond cars. Tesla, Ford, Rivian all have side business beyond consumer vehicles that fund them. Lucid doesn’t have that yet.

Granted, they are no longer supplying batteries for Formula E, they do have their partnership supplying chassis components for the series. Yes, that it still too limiting. Given their strength in battery technology I would love to see them compete with Tesla's PowerWall offering. We, in Florida, rely almost annually on stand-by power with all of the storms, the overall push for greener technologies, and now this terrorist attack on the grid in NC, there is a market to be had in solar/stand by power. Part of me is hoping they don't go down market and look for mass production too soon in an effort to find greater revenues given that their infrastructure is having a hard time keeping up with the current production volumes. Grow too big, too fast without the necessary foundation, and down the house of cards shall fall.

Speaking of Musk, does everyone recall how it turned out for Howard Hughes? Eccentric magnate? Just saying. I read an article today that the President of Tesla China is too be anointed the new CEO of Tesla.

Speaking of Musk, does everyone recall how it turned out for Howard Hughes? Eccentric magnate? Just saying. I read an article today that the President of Tesla China is too be anointed the new CEO of Tesla.
We are fortunately finally reaching a point where people are starting to question whether Musk actually knows what he’s talking about. Or whether his intentions are to be trusted. Only took a few decades for people to catch on.

No doubt, he will continue to disparage Lucid in the press as much as he can. But that will only continue to hurt his credibility long term.

The thing about anointed public figures is that they are infallible, until they aren’t. And then they become a pariah pretty quick.

I heard this is new thing over the past day or two. I canceled mine without hassle earlier. I feel like their current protocol that I’ve seen reported is excessive.

I heard this is new thing over the past day or two. I canceled mine without hassle earlier. I feel like their current protocol that I’ve seen reported is excessive.
By all accounts here nobody has experienced what this article alleges. Not that it matters, it’s a good business practice, only spun as a negative by Alexa St John because that’s what these writers do. Unfortunately Road & Track magazine has joined in on the negativity pile-on, and wouldn’t you know it, their source is Barron’s writer Bill Alpert. I know it’s hard for businesses to sue journalists but I hope Lucid’s legal department has some bulldogs that go after these libelous writers.

I don't think it's excessive to try to contact the person who is canceling to see if you can win them back. Perhaps it's a misunderstanding, or there is something that can be adjusted, etc. If there isn't, of course that's fine, and the person can literally pick up and say 'just cancel' and that's all it takes.

I don't see that as excessive. 🤷‍♂️

Rule #1 in sales is get the product in the customer's hand ASAP. There's this carpeting company in the Midwest called Empire and they sold this approach as a customer service advantage. Their commercials always stated "Buy today, and we'll install it tomorrow." Sounds great, right? Well the whole reason they do that is to get the carpeting on people's floors before they change their minds. If Lucid can start to deliver the cars in a few days of a reservation, they will solve all kinds of problems.

I think Elon is confusing Lucid’s finances with Twitter’s.
Interesting that he doesn't call out others who are in potentially way worse shape than Lucid. Fisker 2.0 is more likely to go bankrupt than Lucid. They're just going into production and in Q2 stated they have $850 million in cash which is just enough to see them through year end...... good luck with that!

Interesting that he doesn't call out others who are in potentially way worse shape than Lucid. Fisker 2.0 is more likely to go bankrupt than Lucid. They're just going into production and in Q2 stated they have $850 million in cash which is just enough to see them through year end...... good luck with that!
His millisecond long attention span has already drifted away from Lucid and he now says his pronouns are “Prosecute/Fauci”. It’s almost like he was trying to find a way to get me to delete my Twitter account. It worked! Well done sir! While I’m thankful he helped bring EVs and Space X to fruition, I hope he now pulls a Kanye and erases his own influence and credibility for the sake of humanity.

His millisecond long attention span has already drifted away from Lucid and he now says his pronouns are “Prosecute/Fauci”. It’s almost like he was trying to find a way to get me to delete my Twitter account. It worked! Well done sir! While I’m thankful he helped bring EVs and Space X to fruition, I hope he now pulls a Kanye and erases his own influence and credibility for the sake of humanity.
Honestly, I do think it would be worth having a Musk BS megathread in here. I'm fairly certain the majority of us have some pretty unkind things to note about the current situation of things. Frankly, I can't believe he's in complete denial (although shock) of being boo'ed off of a stage and tries to rationalize that in the worst ways possible.

I really do hope he steps down soon as Tesla's CEO and Tesla dis-associates with him. The damage he's doing to their brand could be unrecoverable given the trajectory. Although, I don't mind people flooding over from the competition (more for Ford and Lucid).

Honestly, I do think it would be worth having a Musk BS megathread in here. I'm fairly certain the majority of us have some pretty unkind things to note about the current situation of things. Frankly, I can't believe he's in complete denial (although shock) of being boo'ed off of a stage and tries to rationalize that in the worst ways possible.

I really do hope he steps down soon as Tesla's CEO and Tesla dis-associates with him. The damage he's doing to their brand could be unrecoverable given the trajectory. Although, I don't mind people flooding over from the competition (more for Ford and Lucid).
Yeah I 100% promise I don’t want to make things political although sometimes I suck at not doing that. It’s just that he’s taking the “I’m the Anti-CEO” thing beyond all reasonableness and has descended into unprofessionalism. I don’t really think there’s an argument to be made in favor of giving racists anti-science people and violent agitators an equal public voice.

Frankly, I can't believe he's in complete denial (although shock) of being boo'ed off of a stage and tries to rationalize that in the worst ways possible.
Wait, when did this happen? That sounds great. Is it on video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back