Can you upgrade from DreamDrive to Dreamdrive premium after purchase

Stillwater70

Reaction score
Cars
23 AT Quantum Grey/Tahoe
I am looking to purchase a Lucid AT from a third party. The car has Dreamdrive but I would like to get the 360 camera view so want to upgrade to Dreamdrive premium. Is that possible? Does anyone have experience with that. I called the local Lucid Service center and they said it cannot be done and can only be purchased with the original car. But that does not seem right. Any thoughts?

What does not seem right to you? The SC folks stating it can’t be done ….if the hardware is missing from the car then, it cannot be upgraded to premium with 360 views. However, few early builds from 2022 came with the hardware and may have the option to turn the software functionality on to premium or pro versions. Please check the year, and other details of the car you’re interested in purchasing.

I am looking to purchase a Lucid AT from a third party. The car has Dreamdrive but I would like to get the 360 camera view so want to upgrade to Dreamdrive premium. Is that possible? Does anyone have experience with that. I called the local Lucid Service center and they said it cannot be done and can only be purchased with the original car. But that does not seem right. Any thoughts?
The hardware is very expensive so with most cars it is not included unless it is purchased. Some of the early cars did have that hardware.

What does not seem right to you? The SC folks stating it can’t be done ….if the hardware is missing from the car then, it cannot be upgraded to premium with 360 views. However, few early builds from 2022 came with the hardware and may have the option to turn the software functionality on to premium or pro versions. Please check the year, and other details of the car you’re interested in purchasing.
Actually some 2023s came with it as well. My 2023 has DreamDrive PRO and Surreal Sound Pro so I do have the 360 cameras, etc.

The hardware is very expensive so when most cars it is not included unless it is purchased. Some of the early cars did have that hardware.
Ok I thought that for Premium it was just a software upgrade as the cameras are already there but for Pro the LiDAR needs to be installed. Thank you for the clarification Bob & FA14

Back