Can the headlights be turned off?

The point is to be able to turn the displays and lights and HVAC off when you want to.
Not the HVAC, there is already an off "button" for the entire internals environmentals screen.

Sadly, no. Email or text customer care; I have too, because watching a drive in movie in this beauty with the panoramic roof is something I sorely want to do.
My wife and I were talking tonight about how great it would be to watch a drive in movie in our Touring when we get it but then I remembered seeing this response. So, I’m curious if this is still the case?

My wife and I were talking tonight about how great it would be to watch a drive in movie in our Touring when we get it but then I remembered seeing this response. So, I’m curious if this is still the case?
For now, it still is.

There are lots of times I sit in the car at night while it's parked: waiting in cell phone lots at airport, waiting for someone who is shopping, etc. I find it very annoying that the headlights stay on no matter how long you sit with the car in "Park". I long ago hit on the workaround of hitting the button next to "Auto" on the headlight control panel, which only leaves the running lights on, but that leaves me worried that I might forget to turn the headlights back on manually when I get back underway. (Local highways are so well lit that one can drive a good while before realizing headlights are not on, as so many drivers here do.)

Another concern is heat build up in the headlight units when sitting. The purpose of the hood cutouts is to draw cooling air over the headlight units, which get very hot. On a 80-degree evening in Florida that can be very worrying.

Ideally, those lights should time out after a certain period of sitting in the car in "Park". Then they should return to "Auto" mode when the car registers any activity, such as a door opening or being put into gear. Alternatively, there should be an old-fashioned "Off" setting, again with the car reverting back to "Auto" mode when it registers activity.

There are lots of times I sit in the car at night while it's parked: waiting in cell phone lots at airport, waiting for someone who is shopping, etc. I find it very annoying that the headlights stay on no matter how long you sit with the car in "Park". I long ago hit on the workaround of hitting the button next to "Auto" on the headlight control panel, which only leaves the running lights on, but that leaves me worried that I might forget to turn the headlights back on manually when I get back underway. (Local highways are so well lit that one can drive a good while before realizing headlights are not on, as so many drivers here do.)

Another concern is heat build up in the headlight units when sitting. The purpose of the hood cutouts is to draw cooling air over the headlight units, which get very hot. On a 80-degree evening in Florida that can be very worrying.

Ideally, those lights should time out after a certain period of sitting in the car in "Park". Then they should return to "Auto" mode when the car registers any activity, such as a door opening or being put into gear. Alternatively, there should be an old-fashioned "Off" setting, again with the car reverting back to "Auto" mode when it registers activity.
It's on the MEGA POLL. Scored 28th of 44 items with 13% of the vote. Items in blue are done or any least getting attention.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 5.45.14 PM.png

Back