Can I turn off rear seat belt warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess since you’re in AZ it’s not legally required. Weird that it’s not a law everywhere, but whatever. Your only work around besides actually buckling up is to just buckle the belts and they can sit against them.

Only a few states do not require adult rear-seat passengers to wear seat belts.
4. New Hampshire (New Hampshire does not have a seat belt law for any passengers)
"Live Free or Die" is the official motto of the U.S. state of New Hampshire

Not sure why you wouldn’t want them to buckle up. Even a minor accident can be exponentially worse without a seat belt on.
He mentioned it was visiting family, so it could be his in-laws. That might explain why he didn’t care if they buckled up. ;)

I was hoping to deactivate it when the dogs are in the backseat. In the meantime, I will go into the backseat and manually engage the seatbelts before putting down the doggy tarp.

I had this with my loaner, we have car seats in the back and the alarm went off for at least a little while but then stopped on its own. I'm not sure how/why because they're both on the isofix between the seat cushions and not the seat belts....

The one issue I’ve had with this was my car would occasionally warn that the middle seatbelt wasn’t fastened, because I had a passenger in a side seat leaning in towards the center. Fastening the middle seatbelt would have fixed it, but the thought didn’t occur to me in the moment. It was intermittent anyway. @ViperSSD maybe yours was a similar problem though, one of the car seats setting off the center weight sensor? Did you see which seat it was warning about?

The one issue I’ve had with this was my car would occasionally warn that the middle seatbelt wasn’t fastened, because I had a passenger in a side seat leaning in towards the center. Fastening the middle seatbelt would have fixed it, but the thought didn’t occur to me in the moment. It was intermittent anyway. @ViperSSD maybe yours was a similar problem though, one of the car seats setting off the center weight sensor? Did you see which seat it was warning about?
It was warning about the seat I had the car seat in. Maybe there's an algorithm that determines if it's a car seat or a passenger somehow, in the Tesla we have the override to turn off the alarm is to basically say there's a car seat there

I had this with my loaner, we have car seats in the back and the alarm went off for at least a little while but then stopped on its own. I'm not sure how/why because they're both on the isofix between the seat cushions and not the seat belts....
Interesting our left seat always has a car seat and it never triggers the alarm. How the hell….

It was warning about the seat I had the car seat in. Maybe there's an algorithm that determines if it's a car seat or a passenger somehow, in the Tesla we have the override to turn off the alarm is to basically say there's a car seat there’s wish

Yes he did - when he was asking about his KIDS! Some people never learn I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

For reference:
Post in thread 'Rear Seat Belt Warning Chime' https://lucidowners.com/threads/rear-seat-belt-warning-chime.3248/post-138795
I am not sure what’s more embarrassing that I asked about this 1 year ago I mean cmon fix it. How does that chime not drive you crazy ?!

I am not sure what’s more embarrassing that I asked about this 1 year ago I mean cmon fix it. How does that chime not drive you crazy ?!
Because we buckle our seatbelts. I’m closing this thread as the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back