Camera suggestions

Geo_93

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Pure
DE Number
So, I've had my Lucid Air for a little over a year now and it has been amazing driving the vehicle. Unfortunately, just like Tesla's in the past, my car was keyed on the passenger side doors. It's unfortunate that as much money that we're spending on these vehicles, that cameras aren't standard on them (like they are in cheaper Tesla's). Wondering if anyone has installed any interior cameras in their vehicle, whether it be wired or battery operated? If there was a battery-operated camera with several months of life before charging, that would be great. I've been looking everywhere online and can't find anything that would give me coverage, mainly for the sides of the vehicle. Thanks gang.

So, I've had my Lucid Air for a little over a year now and it has been amazing driving the vehicle. Unfortunately, just like Tesla's in the past, my car was keyed on the passenger side doors. It's unfortunate that as much money that we're spending on these vehicles, that cameras aren't standard on them (like they are in cheaper Tesla's). Wondering if anyone has installed any interior cameras in their vehicle, whether it be wired or battery operated? If there was a battery-operated camera with several months of life before charging, that would be great. I've been looking everywhere online and can't find anything that would give me coverage, mainly for the sides of the vehicle. Thanks gang.
A search for “dashcam” on the forum would help you out, though it’s not on all the time; people have hooked up cameras in the past, but not typically battery powered ones.

(Incidentally, that’s the main drawback of a “sentry mode” type system - it kills the car batteries fast. That said, I do think Lucid should build it, and I suspect they eventually will)

That sucks about your car getting keyed though; tbh, even if you *had* video, the police are unlikely to do anything with it. It’s such a petty crime, and so quickly covered by comprehensive insurance, that they’re unlikely to launch an investigation, if that makes sense.

Back