Call Volume Complaints (on the other end)

4givingGuy

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT - Stealth
Good afternoon:

I am having consistent call volume/quality complaints from my wife when I am connecting to her from the Lucid system. I’m using an iPhone 14 (Car Play) and she is getting the poor quality through her iPhone 14. This issue doesn’t happen when talking directly on our phones, nor does it happen when I’m talking to her while using the hands-free microphone in her Tesla. It’s a highly reproducible issue.

Not sure if this is a resolved bug, but if someone has ideas regarding how to remedy, it would be much appreciated!

I also have call volume / quality complaints. Volume low specially through Car Play . Quality, sounds like I'm in a tunnel or breaking up through both. It's sporadic but it makes it essentially impossible to make calls from my car. iPhone 14 pro.

I also have call volume / quality complaints. Volume low specially through Car Play . Quality, sounds like I'm in a tunnel or breaking up through both. It's sporadic but it makes it essentially impossible to make calls from my car. iPhone 14 pro.
This seems to be a common problem. It’s based on the way that CarPlay interacts with the Android system in the car. My car is currently at service and they are doing a bunch of tests to diagnose and potentially fix the problem. I’m not sure there is a fix… But if there is, I will post it here.

This seems to be a common problem. It’s the way that CarPlay interacts with the Android system in the car. My car is currently at service and they are doing a bunch of tests to diagnose and potentially fix the problem. I’m not sure there is a fix… But if there is, I will post it here.
Thank you. I'll be curious of the outcome. For me the problem with call quality is also without using CarPlay and just using the Lucid phone interface. The low volume appears to be specific to CarPlay.

I've had phone issues too. Not thru CarPlay, I'm in the Android world. If I make a call, half the time people can't hear me at all. If they call me, we hear each other, but the quality on their end is really bad, and they'll ask me to run the speaker on the phone instead of the car.

Do any of you have the problem where you are in the middle of a call and all the sudden whatever music you were listening to prior to the call breaks through and you can no longer hear the caller. Only resolution is to hang up and call the person back. Has happened to me several times, very frustrating

Do any of you have the problem where you are in the middle of a call and all the sudden whatever music you were listening to prior to the call breaks through and you can no longer hear the caller. Only resolution is to hang up and call the person back. Has happened to me several times, very frustrating
Never had that situation.

I’ve had it happen and it’s very annoying

I thought it was due to my phone, so good to know this is an issue and will bring it up to the SA when I drop off my car this weekend.

I have my car being serviced right now. We will see what the technician says. They’ve basically said it was software but they were going to pair their phone and see what happens. I’ll report back.

Mobile techs say it’s software and that everyone should report issue to customer service to be counted. Perhaps @Bobby will get more info since his car is in a service center.

I just contacted customer service regarding another matter and was speaking to them via my iPhone connected via CarPlay. He was able to confirm that the call sounded crackly and had intermittent cut-outs.

The technician asked me to switch the phone over to non-CarPlay (settings > connectivity > devices…phone icon) and the call quality improved dramatically in both directions. This seems to further indict the CarPlay software. He is forwarding this on to the software team. Hopefully we will have resolution of this issue soon.

I’ve fully disabled CarPlay again to see if that is the issue. I’ve had complaints with and without CarPlay but unsure if that is the case since the most recent update.

CarPlay wired vs wireless is a variable. Any difference in call performance one way or the other?

Yes. I’ve had it happen multiple times and emailed customer support. Only happens when on CarPlay and I’ve recently been using Lucid Ui for listening. Very annoying

I just contacted customer service regarding another matter and was speaking to them via my iPhone connected via CarPlay. He was able to confirm that the call sounded crackly and had intermittent cut-outs.

The technician asked me to switch the phone over to non-CarPlay (settings > connectivity > devices…phone icon) and the call quality improved dramatically in both directions. This seems to further indict the CarPlay software. He is forwarding this on to the software team. Hopefully we will have resolution of this issue soon.
Using the phone with CarPlay may be an issue, but it's not the only one. I don't have an iPhone, hence no CarPlay. And the phone connection on calls isn't good. I'm about to go out for a drive to pick up a few things. I'll make some calls while driving I want to test it again before I contact CS.

I can confirm with or without CarPlay the audio quality is poor and I am on 2.1.10. I have tested with several people. I called Lucid today so they could directly hear the problem. The more people that report the issue the better. I make calls with my AirPods currently.

This seems to be a common problem. It’s based on the way that CarPlay interacts with the Android system in the car. My car is currently at service and they are doing a bunch of tests to diagnose and potentially fix the problem. I’m not sure there is a fix… But if there is, I will post it here.
Hi Bobby! Any word back on this? I'm wondering if it is every vehicle or if there was a batch of bad mics or perhaps a mic installation issue on certain vehicles rather than all.

Hi Bobby! Any word back on this? I'm wondering if it is every vehicle or if there was a batch of bad mics or perhaps a mic installation issue on certain vehicles rather than all.
I'm just told it's software. I had the same problem, they replaced both microphones in the car, and it stayed the same. Anxiously awaiting a software update.

Back