Buying A Lucid In Texas

Pacernow

Cars
Tesla Model Y Long Range
All,
On Thursday morning called the Plano, TX. studio and talked with a sales advisor. Mentioned to him that I had read about Lucid Motors selling some of their demos and that I was interested. He told me that the Plano Studio did not have any, but that the Houston Studio had demos to sell. He stated that he would forwarded my name to the Houston Studio and that they would contact me.
The sales advisor from the Houston Studio did contact me and I told him of my interest in a demo unit. He asked what state I lived in and I told him Texas and then he replied that he could not sell me a demo because I was a resident of Texas. I then asked him about going outside of Texas to buy a demo and he stated again that I could not buy a demo outside of Texas and register it in the state. He stated I could order a new Lucid and it could be deliver to me.
I know that Tesla has had issues with Texas law about selling cars within the state, but I did not realize it involved demos or used cars.

If anybody knows anything different I would be interested in the information.
Thanks to all that reads this message.

Update on the above post. Sent an email to Lucid on Friday morning with the above information. Received a phone call from an individual from a Lucid confirming that as a resident of The State of Texas I could not purchase demo or a used Lucid from Lucid. He said I could order a new Lucid and have it shipped to one of the studios in Texas. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for reading.

Sorry to hear that. Some complications in TX.

DeaneG,
I can buy a used Lucid from a regular car dealer in Texas, but not Lucid. There are a few in Dallas, but I was very interested in the demos in Lucid's inventory. "Riddle Me This Batman."

DeaneG,
I can buy a used Lucid from a regular car dealer in Texas, but not Lucid. There are a few in Dallas, but I was very interested in the demos in Lucid's inventory. "Riddle Me This Batman."
It likely has to do with Lucid not having a dealer license within Texas, and thus being unable to sell directly within Texas.

Back