Button fell of the key

There’s no way. You could 3D print your own.

Or you can buy a new fob from the SC.

OR, you can hope PaaK comes soon and always carry your key card.
 
Super glue. No joke. Just a dab of it. That’s what was recommended by the SC and it worked like a charm.

I was told to do this and that they would not replace the fob.
Wow, have to say I'm a little disappointed. Far cry from the company that I bought my Air from in 2023. If it's such an easy fix, why don't they do it for you? Service is going the way of Tesla and that's something that sticks in my craw when I say it...
 
Wow, have to say I'm a little disappointed. Far cry from the company that I bought my Air from in 2023. If it's such an easy fix, why don't they do it for you? Service is going the way of Tesla and that's something that sticks in my craw when I say it...
They would’ve done it for me. Mobile tech tried but he only had a hot glue gun and it wouldn’t hold. So my option was to take it in for them to do it or do it myself. I chose the latter.
 
There’s no way. You could 3D print your own.

Or you can buy a new fob from the SC.

OR, you can hope PaaK comes soon and always carry your key card.
A piece of tape on top of the button works just fine.

(Tip from a friend; our fobs are intact)
 
Wow, have to say I'm a little disappointed. Far cry from the company that I bought my Air from in 2023. If it's such an easy fix, why don't they do it for you? Service is going the way of Tesla and that's something that sticks in my craw when I say it...
They are more than happy to do it for you.
 
A piece of tape on top of the button works just fine.

(Tip from a friend; our fobs are intact)
I have mine in the amazing Leather Brut case now - perfect fit. So I would absolutely use tape as no one would see it.
 
They would’ve done it for me. Mobile tech tried but he only had a hot glue gun and it wouldn’t hold. So my option was to take it in for them to do it or do it myself. I chose the latter.
I happily stand corrected. Although I still believe that getting service is much harder than the "good 'ol days".😅
 
that is actually a weight-reducing performance-and-handling enhancing "feature"
The new minimalist design of the FOB... Less is more, gotta declutter your car experience of unnecessary buttons
 
The new minimalist design of the FOB... Less is more, gotta declutter your car experience of unnecessary buttons
Can’t get more minimalist than the Air fob and we all know how that turned out…look, if you demand buttons, then they may fall off. The Air doesn’t have physical buttons and people still complained.

Simple solution is PaaK. And by “simple” I mean for owners.
 
They don't have to sell us buttons if they would just give us phone as a key. Frankly its embarrassing to pull out my fob and have buttons missing
So the leather covers/wraps that Leather Brut sells do a good job of holding in the buttons (though mine hasn't fallen off), and it's just one flat piece of leather so there's nothing to fall off. May be worth looking into if your keys have become weak.
 
Never thought we'd be lamenting the lack of robustness...in the Gravity key fob. 😂😂😂
It’s a good sign if that’s where complaints are now focusing versus “I can’t get in my car…”
 
So the leather covers/wraps that Leather Brut sells do a good job of holding in the buttons (though mine hasn't fallen off), and it's just one flat piece of leather so there's nothing to fall off. May be worth looking into if your keys have become weak.
I found the Brut to be a really nice product. Now, with optional benefit of keeping buttons on - and no subscription fee!
 
I've been dealing with a defective keyfob for my Lucid Gravity for three weeks now. I contacted Costa Mesa service, and the service manager told me they've seen this issue before and that I would be responsible for paying the replacement cost because it's user error.

User error? I haven't dropped it, abused it, or mishandled it in any way. A keyfob's buttons shouldn't fall off under normal use. This is a clear design or manufacturing issue as shared by others on this forum

Cant believe i have to wait until July to get this replaced. Thought it would be a simple replacement while I await my appointment to correct other issues in July...

7803.webp
 
I've been dealing with a defective keyfob for my Lucid Gravity for three weeks now. I contacted Costa Mesa service, and the service manager told me they've seen this issue before and that I would be responsible for paying the replacement cost because it's user error.

User error? I haven't dropped it, abused it, or mishandled it in any way. A keyfob's buttons shouldn't fall off under normal use. This is a clear design or manufacturing issue as shared by others on this forum

Cant believe i have to wait until July to get this replaced. Thought it would be a simple replacement while I await my appointment to correct other issues in July...

View attachment 38997
Escalate. They should be willing to replace that fob under warranty.
 
Back
Top