Build Date questions... (for 2024 model year Lucid Air Pure)

mxp

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Air Pure base, SSP
Referral Code
L80XM3GF
Hi,
Today 09/20/2024, I took delivery for my 2024 model year Lucid Air Pure.
My vehicle VIN identification plate shows the date of manufacturing as 09/23

I read somewhere that if the vehicle was left too long at their storage depot, the battery might have slight degradation around 5%.
Obviously I will be trying to drive it for a few days and recharge a few times to get an average range estimate.

Can others here with experiences please offer some information?

Thanks!
-mxp

Battery degradation is greatest in the first year. I think you are worrying about this too much because if your battery has not degraded to 95%-96% already, it will in the first few months of use. If it has already degraded to 95%, it will not degrade much more over the next few months.

owned a model s for 8 years.

yes, sitting around for a year will degrade the battery but I doubt it is 5%. many factors will impact it, such as:
temperature
state of charge (battery %)

either way, 5% is too small of an impact, and guaranteed to happen, I wouldn't worry about it. this is like worrying you will get a ding on the car paint.

Reactions: mxp
So, I'm a bit confused about this. My 2023 Pure AWD was both built and delivered to me in November of 2023. A month ago, while visiting my daughter, I used her J1772 to charge my car to 100% for the first time, and the indicated (EPA) range was 409 miles vs. the window sticker EPA range of 410 miles. I interpreted that to mean that my battery had not deteriorated hardly at all after 9 months and over 10k miles, despite being almost exclusively charged on EA fast chargers. (I would hold to the 80% rule, unless necessary on a trip.) Is my logic correct?

So, I'm a bit confused about this. My 2023 Pure AWD was both built and delivered to me in November of 2023. A month ago, while visiting my daughter, I used her J1772 to charge my car to 100% for the first time, and the indicated (EPA) range was 409 miles vs. the window sticker EPA range of 410 miles. I interpreted that to mean that my battery had not deteriorated hardly at all after 9 months and over 10k miles, despite being almost exclusively charged on EA fast chargers. (I would hold to the 80% rule, unless necessary on a trip.) Is my logic correct?
Well, in my opinion, I believe you are in the best case scenario...
The build date and delivery date are very close. You must have "ordered" your vehicle I would assume....

In my situation, I purchased in this September deal which is really all about Lucid trying to get rid of all current 2024 inventory since they want to make way for the 2025 models.
Only time will tell if my perceived degradation is severe. I hope not...

I also submitted my data upon vehicle delivery by participating in this project which I found the links here on lucidowners.com

" This is a data gathering tool for the unofficial Lucid API client. We are looking for a variety of vehicle configurations and states to expand our support.
Please log in with your Lucid account credentials.
Your vehicle data will be fetched from the Lucid API and displayed to you with your sensitive data like session tokens, VINs, and location already redacted. You will have the opportunity to review the data before sharing any of it."

I just wished they would display participant submissions in a filterable excel sheet so that we see the details.

owned a model s for 8 years.

yes, sitting around for a year will degrade the battery but I doubt it is 5%. many factors will impact it, such as:
temperature
state of charge (battery %)

either way, 5% is too small of an impact, and guaranteed to happen, I wouldn't worry about it. this is like worrying you will get a ding on the car paint.

Thanks for your response. I am completely unfamiliar with Lucid's battery management system.
I can only assume it's an active system since it has this pre-conditioning function.

Do y'all think that our Lucid's battery health and longevity will benefit from this:

From my own personal experiences, we partially experimented with this on both our Leafs earlier during ownership.
We currently still own 2 x 2011 Nissan Leaf Gen1s ; of which one was pretty much slow charged (L2) most of it's life and the other Leaf experienced a lot more QC (Chademo). In the end, the vehicle which had the most battery cap left (3 of 12 bars loss) is the one with mostly L2 charging. The vehicle with 4 of 12 bar losses was the one which suffered the most quick charging.

Well, in my opinion, I believe you are in the best case scenario...
The build date and delivery date are very close. You must have "ordered" your vehicle I would assume....

In my situation, I purchased in this September deal which is really all about Lucid trying to get rid of all current 2024 inventory since they want to make way for the 2025 models.
Only time will tell if my perceived degradation is severe. I hope not...

I also submitted my data upon vehicle delivery by participating in this project which I found the links here on lucidowners.com

" This is a data gathering tool for the unofficial Lucid API client. We are looking for a variety of vehicle configurations and states to expand our support.
Please log in with your Lucid account credentials.
Your vehicle data will be fetched from the Lucid API and displayed to you with your sensitive data like session tokens, VINs, and location already redacted. You will have the opportunity to review the data before sharing any of it."

I just wished they would display participant submissions in a filterable excel sheet so that we see the details.

No, we didn't order the vehicle specifically, but I was one of the people to put a deposit down early on, so we were able to participate in an early deal that included close to $10k in discounts, EA charging, plus a full offsetting credit if the car had SSPro and/or DDPro. There were none with DDPro in stock, which was high on our priority list, so we waited until one with DDPro and SSPro came in. It probably worked to our benefit to Iive so close to the factory. Actually, I think there were 2024's on the line at the same time as my 2023, which would explain why I didn't get a frunk cover.

Reactions: mxp
EPA range is just marketing and an average.
Thanks for your response. I am completely unfamiliar with Lucid's battery management system.
I can only assume it's an active system since it has this pre-conditioning function.

Do y'all think that our Lucid's battery health and longevity will benefit from this:

From my own personal experiences, we partially experimented with this on both our Leafs earlier during ownership.
We currently still own 2 x 2011 Nissan Leaf Gen1s ; of which one was pretty much slow charged (L2) most of it's life and the other Leaf experienced a lot more QC (Chademo). In the end, the vehicle which had the most battery cap left (3 of 12 bars loss) is the one with mostly L2 charging. The vehicle with 4 of 12 bar losses was the one which suffered the most quick charging.
all batteries are the same, preconditioning just means warming the battery up to charge faster. its not a battery function, it's a software function.

you have 2 cars with 25 and 20% degradation after 14 years. thats plenty long and pretty amazing; with that information, I'd just enjoy the car instead of worrying about how to preserve longevity.

on that note... what a difference it must be for you, coming from leafs to a lucid.

all batteries are the same, preconditioning just means warming the battery up to charge faster. its not a battery function, it's a software function.

you have 2 cars with 25 and 20% degradation after 14 years. thats plenty long and pretty amazing; with that information, I'd just enjoy the car instead of worrying about how to preserve longevity.

on that note... what a difference it must be for you, coming from leafs to a lucid.
Yep. My first experience with a Lucid cabin was like entering a "spaceship"... Lol!

Reactions: Tym

This has always been my advice when it comes to battery degradation. Don’t sweat the details. Try to keep it between 80 and 20 most of the time. Feel free to push it to 100 or down to single digits for longer road trips. Everything else is a waste of brainwaves. The battery is guaranteed for 8 years. And the software team’s best interest is to keep that battery within that warranty spec, no matter what you do. So enjoy the car and don’t worry about it.

Reactions: Tym
Back