RESOLVED Brown Color Leakage from the front side of the car

phantomias

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was away from my home for about 1 month and I had left my 2023 Touring plugged in at the charger. I did not charge the car until my return and SOC dropped from %80 to 65% in 33 days.

When i was back and I took my car out of the garage , I saw a brown color fluid at the ground. It looks like something is leaking from the front side of the car,coming from frunk, or front tires area. I did not hit underneath of my car to any place until now and this had happened twice in the past before. I dont see this leakage every day but once in a while it happens. I also dont have any error displayed at the car.

Any idea what it could be? AC fluid? Maybe coming from front electrical motors? (do they have fluid there too?) . I dont think so its coming from main battery because this is happening at the front side of the car.
Did anyone face similar issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1411.webp
    IMG_1411.webp
    186.5 KB · Views: 4,224
  • IMG_1412.webp
    IMG_1412.webp
    135.2 KB · Views: 81
Hi Everyone,

I was away from my home for about 1 month and I had left my 2023 Touring plugged in at the charger. I did not charge the car until my return and SOC dropped from %80 to 65% in 33 days.

When i was back and I took my car out of the garage , I saw a brown color fluid at the ground. It looks like something is leaking from the front side of the car,coming from frunk, or front tires area. I did hit underneath of my car to any place until now and this had happened twice in the past before. I dont see this leakage every day but once in a while it happens. I also dont have any error displayed at the car.

Any idea what it could be? AC fluid? Maybe coming from front electrical motors? (do they have fluid there too?) . I dont think so its coming from main battery because this is happening at the front side of the car.
Did anyone face similar issue?
According to past posters, and keeping in line with Lucid's color-coded fluids, this could be battery coolant (a search of "brown fluid" reveals this). Immediately call service and refrain from moving the car.

According to past posters, and keeping in line with Lucid's color-coded fluids, this could be battery coolant (a search of "brown fluid" reveals this). Immediately call service and refrain from moving the car.
This. Call service. Orange or brown means call service immediately, just in case.

Clear? Probably just AC condensation.

If the car had been wet and dirty, there’s an outside chance it’s just schmutz. But I’d still call service.

Pinch and rub some between your index finger and thumb.
Is it oil or water?

Clean hands thoroughly afterward.

Is it oil or water?

Wait, stop. This is completely wrong, please DO NOT touch it. If it is battery coolant, or something worse (battery acid, etc), there could be serious effects on you due to them being toxic and corrosive (yes, even if you "clean your hands throughly" as stated). It is always better to be safe than sorry, so please do not touch it!

Is it oil or water?

If it is, in fact, coolant, according to this Lucid uses an ethylene glycol based coolant. That won’t kill you if you touch it (it’s not battery acid) but it’s very very toxic, *especially* if you ingest it.

Now if it’s battery acid and you touch it, you’re in for a really really bad time. Is it battery acid? Probably not. But finding out “the wrong way” is not something I’d recommend to anyone.

Call service and make it their problem. :)

Wait, stop. This is completely wrong, please DO NOT touch it. If it is battery coolant, or something worse (battery acid, etc), there could be serious effects on you due to them being toxic and corrosive (yes, even if you "clean your hands throughly" as stated). It is always better to be safe than sorry, so please do not touch it!
Just to be clear, if it’s coolant in this case, you’d actually be fine unless you ingested it - it’s very hard to absorb ethylene glycol transdermally.

The risk, as you identified correctly, is more of the “but what could it be if it isn’t coolant?” variety, which has very very many dangerous answers. :)

Just throw some baking soda on it. If it fizzes, it's acid, if not then coolant 🤣

Update: The car stayed around 1 week at the service. Service center said they could not find any leakage at the car by checking components and they said its the condensation from AC compressor which drains from passenger side.

Back