BMW i4 m50

Yugi

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I had a chance to test drive bmw i4 m50 and I really liked it. Interior was luxurious, good technology and great hans zimmer electric sound. Rear legroom was not so great. Acceleration was insane, I was able to get 0-60 in 3.6s better than advertised 3.9:

I am thinking to put deposit for December delivery. Price fully loaded is 75k.

Any thoughts on this particular model?

I think I would be ordering it today if the range were a tad better and the grille wasn't so butt ugly.

My BMW dealership is doing test drives in a week and a half at the same Mall location where the Lucid Design Studio is located. I plan to try out both the I4 and the IX.

I took a look at it. Haven't been able to drive it. Range is too limited for my needs and it is basically a series 4 with electric motors and a screen glued to the dash. I would personally prefer ground up new tech to max out range etc.

Last edited:
Way too low on range for my needs to even consider as an option.

I actually had an M50 on order with a VIN assigned and I canceled while it was being shipped the day after I saw the Lucid in person for the first time, (even though I knew I would have to wait another 8 months for the Lucid over the M50). I let the BMW dealer have the M50 for free which made them happy because I am sure they made some money on it since they are sold out, and I got my $1500 deposit back.. Once I saw the Lucid (a true EV from the ground up, not a converted gas car with a transom hump on the floor) with double the range, frunk, quality, and awesome capacities it was a no brainer. I did like the smaller size of the BMW but it felt like a 3 or 4 series to me in terms of quality and ride, not an 8 series (the Lucid feels more like a 6 or 8 Series in terms of quality to me). The Lucid has so much room , with great charging/ride performance it was a no brainer. The closest thing to a Lucid is probably a Tycan or Mercedes EQS..

Yeah. It’s a converted ICE car. It’s still a great car. But some of the design choices are strange.

I have the e40 i4 and it’s been a pleasant surprise for me. My lifetime range of 320 miles exceeds what I expected on 19” wheels as well as the EPA estimate. Ride and handling are excellent and I get frequent positive comments about the aesthetics, especially (surprisingly) the grill. I really wish my wife was onboard with 2 EVs, because I’d keep the i4 when and if the Pure I reserved about 2 years ago, ever arrives. But she’s insistent on having her Hybrid in addition to my EV.

Back