Black Rims Repair

travelermark

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Ok. I did that thing that instantly makes you cringe and say ‘well s**t’. I scraped one of my rims on the curb. 🤦‍♂️

I have the Touring with Stealth so that means my rims are black. The scrap stands out because you see the difference in color now. Anyone have any suggestion on how to repair it without having to replace the wheel itself?

Ok. I did that thing that instantly makes you cringe and say ‘well s**t’. I scraped one of my rims on the curb. 🤦‍♂️

I have the Touring with Stealth so that means my rims are black. The scrap stands out because you see the difference in color now. Anyone have any suggestion on how to repair it without having to replace the wheel itself?
Ask your nearest service center. They may bring able to do it or direct you to a place that can.

Ask your nearest service center. They may bring able to do it or direct you to a place that can.
I checked with my service center here in Seattle and they don’t do the repair and weren’t willing to refer a place. They offered to sell me a new wheel. 🙃

I checked with my service center here in Seattle and they don’t do the repair and weren’t willing to refer a place. They offered to sell me a new wheel. 🙃
How much was that new wheel? I curb rashed one of mine. It's functionally fine and nobody will notice, but my car OCD is difficult to ignore...

I didn't ask, but will. It's not bad enough for me to entertain a wheel replacement.

Thanks! Was just wondering if they had already quoted you a price. But I don't want to put you to any trouble if you aren't planning to buy the wheel, I could just ask myself.

That’s really odd. Millbrae definitely resurfaces. If you call around to detailing shops around you, resurfacing is usually 150-250.

There are plenty of mobile wheel repair people around. Search "mobile wheel repair" on yelp, or I can recommend someone in Northern California's South Bay area.

I have a similar situation, the Houston service center didn’t offer to resurface, they want around $775 for the wheel. I called around and they prob can resurface for 225$ probably won’t match exactly but is way cheaper than getting a wheel. Not sure if others in Houston have had the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_5409.jpeg
    IMG_5409.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
I did the same thing last week. I got it repaired via a mobile wheel repair here in San Diego. $100. Recommended by Lucid Mobile Service.

Back