Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Thanks, @hydbob.
Important info for sure.
I've noticed my ChargePoint cable is little warm, but nowhere close to 200 F.
I'll use the laser thermometer and check the exact temperature next time.

I am a bit concerned now, however the one I purchased is only a 16 A
I also have my original Volvo Cable (but I keep that in my car for travel). I was planning on getting the lucid (wall/reverse) charger when it comes out. As soon as I get my Lucid, I will cease using this cable. I have had it running on my Volvo for almost a year now. My guess is that because it is only 16A that maybe the draw is not enough to cause the heat issues as the 40A one?

I am a bit concerned now, however the one I purchased is only a 16 A
I also have my original Volvo Cable (but I keep that in my car for travel). I was planning on getting the lucid (wall/reverse) charger when it comes out. As soon as I get my Lucid, I will cease using this cable. I have had it running on my Volvo for almost a year now. My guess is that because it is only 16A that maybe the draw is not enough to cause the heat issues as the 40A one?
16amps? Wow. It will take you over a day to fully charge a Lucid.

16amps? Wow. It will take you over a day to fully charge a Lucid.
Yah... this is not a concern for me as I do not travel much during the day (even if I do, over night will do me just fine). As mentioned, I will upgrade to the LUCID box that allows V2H when it comes out, but I can definitely live with this for now.

Back