RESOLVED Beta app thread #4

Drendino

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
DE Number
I’m trying to get info on this Beta app issue, but every thread on this subject is getting shut down.

Before a mod says “update your app” and shuts down another thread, please consider the following:

There is no update available in the App store. I have logged in and out several times and restarted my phone. Since I’m on IOS 17 Beta, I’m wondering if maybe somehow it is not yet compatible? Does anyone else have any ideas before this gets shut down?

I don’t get it either. What does “beta” mean? Why is it there? What am I supposed to do with it?

A guess: Lucid forgot to remove the beta tag from the version of the app they uploaded. They quickly noticed, fixed it, and reuploaded. More than likely no other meaningful changes.

I’m trying to get info on this Beta app issue, but every thread on this subject is getting shut down.

Before a mod says “update your app” and shuts down another thread, please consider the following:

There is no update available in the App store. I have logged in and out several times and restarted my phone. Since I’m on IOS 17 Beta, I’m wondering if maybe somehow it is not yet compatible? Does anyone else have any ideas before this gets shut down?
Paging @joec

View attachment 14237View attachment 14238I’m trying to get info on this Beta app issue, but every thread on this subject is getting shut down.

I am on the latest beta of iOS 17 and I’ve updated my app with no problem. go ahead and hard reset your phone and make sure that you’re able to view the App Store updates. If you need additional help, please reach out via private message I’ll be happy to get on the phone with you and get it resolved.

Here’s some screenshots:
IMG_4806.jpeg
IMG_4805.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about this beta app controversy because I see no degradation of the features/functionality.

I am on the latest beta of iOS 17 and I’ve updated my app with no problem. go ahead and hard reset your phone and make sure that you’re able to view the App Store updates. If you need additional help, please reach out via private message I’ll be happy to get on the phone with you and get it resolved.
Thank you Bobby, I appreciate it! The problem I had was that when I searched for the Lucid app in the App Store, it just had the “open” prompt instead of “update” prompt, which I was accustomed to seeing. When I soft pressed the Lucid app, the update button appeared and then whamo, problem solved.

Ok, shut er’ down. 😂

This happened on Android today as well but resolved quickly. I didn't see any new features so just connectivity and bug fixes I assume.

Am I the only one who thought "beta" was a good thing and meant I was apart of the Beta releases for the car? I was excited lol

I guess I'm always the optimistic type lol

My app was "updated" to the beta version 1.39.0 only yesterday.
There's no update pending in Apple store for me, either.
Car will be in the SC today, though, so no problem for me to wait a couple more days.

For anyone still having this issue:

If you go to the App Store app, then tap on your avatar icon on the top right, you should see a list of “Available Updates” or “Updated Recently.” If Lucid doesn’t show up on the Available updates, pull to refresh that page. It should then show up. Unless the update was just released a very short while ago. But this one went out over the weekend, so everyone should get it by now.

Sometimes an update is available, but your phone just doesn’t see it yet.

If only we could pull to refresh our cars…

For anyone still having this issue:

If you go to the App Store app, then tap on your avatar icon on the top right, you should see a list of “Available Updates” or “Updated Recently.” If Lucid doesn’t show up on the Available updates, pull to refresh that page. It should then show up. Unless the update was just released a very short while ago. But this one went out over the weekend, so everyone should get it by now.

Sometimes an update is available, but your phone just doesn’t see it yet.

If only we could pull to refresh our cars…
Thank you for the instruction.
Works just as you described.
Now I know how to refresh the update page.
(But wondering why my phone was so slow in showing the available updates)

Thank you for the instruction.
Works just as you described.
Now I know how to refresh the update page.
(But wondering why my phone was so slow in showing the available updates)
Because Apple has bugs too?

Even the world's biggest company can't get this perfect. Something to think about when we're all judging Lucid's team.

Because Apple has bugs too?

Even the world's biggest company can't get this perfect. Something to think about when we're all judging Lucid's team.
GTFO with your sense of reason.

So is there any noticeable difference with the new app? For personal probably obvious reasons I was concerned this app might try push software updates to the car so am reluctant to update unless there is a reason to.

So is there any noticeable difference with the new app? For personal probably obvious reasons I was concerned this app might try push software updates to the car so am reluctant to update unless there is a reason to.
The app has nothing to do with software updates.

Back