Best American made luxury EV

First for the complaints: despite it not deemed necessary, I would really like a start/stop button to be able to easily turn the car off.

That’s it. Everything else about the car was literally perfect.

This car does everything you ask in both the comfort and performance and is unlike anything else I have driven. Yes, I have driven the Plaid, but the build quality alone easily makes up for any possible gap in performance between the two cars. The Air to me is the clear winner between it and any Tesla so much so that it is in a category all its own. I feel that if after driving the Air you were to buy the Tesla over the Lucid, you are simply buying into the cult of Tesla and will end up with a much lesser car.

Nice =)

Lucid really does seem to drum up positive press just before earnings calls. It’s almost as if someone in their PR department is actually working, or something.

First for the complaints: despite it not deemed necessary, I would really like a start/stop button to be able to easily turn the car off.

That’s it. Everything else about the car was literally perfect.

This car does everything you ask in both the comfort and performance and is unlike anything else I have driven. Yes, I have driven the Plaid, but the build quality alone easily makes up for any possible gap in performance between the two cars. The Air to me is the clear winner between it and any Tesla so much so that it is in a category all its own. I feel that if after driving the Air you were to buy the Tesla over the Lucid, you are simply buying into the cult of Tesla and will end up with a much lesser car.

Nice =)
I would add:

1. Start/Stop button
2. Door lock/un-lock button
3. Steering wheel adjust button
4. HomeLink buttons

Just my 2.5 cents. :cool:

Here's my list, accumulated from forum users and possibly the source of a future MEGA-POLL to organize by desirability.
  1. 110 outlets
  2. coat hooks
  3. customization options at purchase (carbon, etc.)
  4. electrochromatric roof
  5. fewer places to collect and hold water when car washing
  6. improved rear seatbelts (lock too easily)
  7. physical door lock/unlcok buttons
  8. physical homelink buttons
  9. physical start/stop button
  10. physical steering wheel adjust button
  11. rear view mirror screen option
  12. rear-wheel steering
  13. redesign cell phone charger/cup holder area
  14. self-opening and closing doors
  15. spare tire option
  16. true satellite radio
  17. user sourced SIM option
  18. UWB instead of Bluethooth for FOB/Phone proximity and profile selection

Here's my list, accumulated from forum users and possibly the source of a future MEGA-POLL to organize by desirability.
  1. 110 outlets
  2. coat hooks
  10. phyysical steering wheel adjust button
  12. rear-wheel steering
  15. spare tire option
  16. user sourced SIM option
  17. UWB instead of Bluethooth for FOB/Phone proximity and profile selection
Great list!

1. 110 outlets
  2. coat hooks
  12. rear-wheel steering
  15. spare tire option
  16. true satellite radio
I’d also add, depress brake pedal hard when stopped to activate hold. My Model S and loaner ICE Mercedes have this feature. It’s very helpful if you prefer creep mode, but want to activate hold on demand. I find that the current LUCID implementation forces creep if you exit out of hold mode even just slightly. I do prefer creep when backing out of a space or my garage or inching in to my garage or a tight spot. Perhaps this is something that can be added via firmware.

1. 110 outlets
  2. coat hooks
  12. rear-wheel steering
  15. spare tire option
  16. true satellite radio
What, no start stop button? ;)

1. 110 outlets
  2. coat hooks
  12. rear-wheel steering
  15. spare tire option
  16. true satellite radio
I would like a ccs 240v and 110v outlets as an accessory to be used on the road with car camping or in a power outage. Must support max 80A total output

What, no start stop button? ;)
I may be in the minority, but I don‘t see the point of a Start/Stop button. Step on the brake and put it in drive. That’s your start button.

I guess I don't understand why we need a start/stop button. I just get in, put it in drive and go. Or I just put it in Park, get out, and walk away. What's the big deal or need??

I may be in the minority, but I don‘t see the point of a Start/Stop button. Step on the brake and put it in drive. That’s your start button.
Might cut "vampire drain"? The EQS has a Start/Stop button and almost zero vampire drain. Not saying that's the only reason but it might help.

I agree. Don’t need, don’t want a START/STOP button. Tesla ruined me forever, once I was taught to just put the car in Drive, and drive off.

Kyle Conner just put out a rave video review of the decidedly non-American luxury EV, the BMW i7.

I still can’t get past the enormous schnoz, but the interior quietness and those automatic doors leave me feeling very envious.. And it’s only a little more expensive than our “hometown favourite”, the Lucid Air Dream Edition or GT.

I’d post a link to the youtube video, but I don’t know how.

I can’t imagine how the i7 can be much quieter than my i4 that’s already the quietest car I’ve ever owned or driven in. But at any rate, here ya go:

Back