Bear decal facing back?

BAran

New Member

Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
9
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I just got my car back from service during which they applied bear decals, without asking me if I’m OK with that. Personally, I prefer not having stickers on my car and I understand they’re not too difficult to remove, nevertheless something I now need to waste my time on.

Driver-side decal is facing forward but the passenger side decal is facing the rear of the vehicle, which looks odd. Is this how they’re supposed to be applied or did my service center run out of right-facing bear decals?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6163.webp
    IMG_6163.webp
    439.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6164.webp
    IMG_6164.webp
    631.7 KB · Views: 186
I just got my car back from service during which they applied bear decals, without asking me if I’m OK with that. Personally, I prefer not having stickers on my car and I understand they’re not too difficult to remove, nevertheless something I now need to waste my time on.

Driver-side decal is facing forward but the passenger side decal is facing the rear of the vehicle, which looks odd. Is this how they’re supposed to be applied or did my service center run out of right-facing bear decals?
I pacified my OCD by visualizing a bear walking around the car...in which case the sticker orientations would be appropriate....I've told myself other stories too in order to not twitch too hard with a new car from a new manufacturer...
 
They only put the bear on if you ask.

I didn't realize they never made left and right bears, but they also never made left and right side directional wheels, so put that in your OCD pipe and smoke it :cool:
 
They only put the bear on if you ask.

I didn't realize they never made left and right bears, but they also never made left and right side directional wheels, so put that in your OCD pipe and smoke it :cool:
😂
 
Aren't there two different bear designs too, depending on if you have a plebian Pure, Touring, Grand Touring vs. the Sapphire? I seem to remember the Sapphire version is a bear's outline as opposed to a solid image for the rest.
 
Aren't there two different bear designs too, depending on if you have a plebian Pure, Touring, Grand Touring vs. the Sapphire? I seem to remember the Sapphire version is a bear's outline as opposed to a solid image for the rest.
That's just an illusion after someone launched the Sapphire and blew all the poor bear's fur off.
 
I pacified my OCD by visualizing a bear walking around the car...in which case the sticker orientations would be appropriate....I've told myself other stories too in order to not twitch too hard with a new car from a new manufacturer...
Ah, but what if the bear walked around the car counter-clock-wise.... :oops:
 
All kidding aside, the bear is their logo, so they can do whatever they want with it. But it’s meant to evoke Lucid’s California roots. And it is true that the CA bear always faces West, for obvious reasons. It’s part of the whole identity of westward expansion, the spirit of rugged individualism, etc.

EVs are the next obvious expansion for the automotive industry. So the bear is always headed West as you are looking at it.

I also think it would just look wrong facing the other way. Like having the bite in the Apple logo on the other side.

I don’t do stickers. But I get why they do the bears the way the way they do.
 
Back
Top