Battery Range

Well it was not 2.1 kw/mile — in miles per KW, that would have been only .50miles per KW. It was actually 2.1 miles per kilowatt — 4 times as good! (2.1 kw/mile 31 miles for 65 miles.) Trip B there shows most of miles I have driven since taking delivery in September — averaging 2.7 miles/kw.

View attachment 7658
Still not great.

Just drove (AT with 19"/smooth) from Brooklyn NY to Dobbs Ferry NY to Potomac Md (~300miles) on 100% battery charge at departure. On arrival home 104 miles left in battery. Averaging 4.4 mi/kwh using ACC at 65mph and outside temp75-80. Very satisfied. Car dove like a dream.

Just drove (AT with 19"/smooth) from Brooklyn NY to Dobbs Ferry NY to Potomac Md (~300miles) on 100% battery charge at departure. On arrival home 104 miles left in battery. Averaging 4.4 mi/kwh using ACC at 65mph and outside temp75-80. Very satisfied. Car dove like a dream.
So much closer to my experience for road trips with ideal conditions! Congratulations! Always, there is some variation and I’m glad that the car is designed with an excellent buffer of extreme efficiency and a large battery to cover for extremes of temperature and topography!!

I'm Lucid Air GT day 4 - and charged to 80% on my HCS. Drove 43.1 miles (city and hwy today) got 3.3 mi/kWH (or 112 MPGe I believe). However, 69 miles came off range.

I used about 4 massage sessions, had the AC on pretty strong throughout, and during a museum visit, though I parked indoors, I used the "maintain cabin temperature" feature for about 90 minutes.

I was told by Customer Service that the loss of range was due to the use of the electrical features mentioned above. That makes sense, but I guess I'm surprised that these features chew quite this much battery. I suggested that they have a guide to battery use - eg "one massage session typically requires 5 miles of range," or "30 minutes of intermediate cabin AC takes 5 miles of range" or something - if that is the case.

I also read that Lucid GT is supposed to get about 130-140 MPGe. It would be understandable if fuel economy is impacted by use of the bells and whistles and making it a VERY comfortable and supremely enjoyable ride. I'm curious about others' experience on these matters. I suppose the most avid Hypermilers would trade creature comforts for range and electrical fuel economy, but that sounds so unfun to me!!! :)

I'm Lucid Air GT day 4 - and charged to 80% on my HCS. Drove 43.1 miles (city and hwy today) got 3.3 mi/kWH (or 112 MPGe I believe). However, 69 miles came off range.

I used about 4 massage sessions, had the AC on pretty strong throughout, and during a museum visit, though I parked indoors, I used the "maintain cabin temperature" feature for about 90 minutes.

I was told by Customer Service that the loss of range was due to the use of the electrical features mentioned above. That makes sense, but I guess I'm surprised that these features chew quite this much battery. I suggested that they have a guide to battery use - eg "one massage session typically requires 5 miles of range," or "30 minutes of intermediate cabin AC takes 5 miles of range" or something - if that is the case.

I also read that Lucid GT is supposed to get about 130-140 MPGe. It would be understandable if fuel economy is impacted by use of the bells and whistles and making it a VERY comfortable and supremely enjoyable ride. I'm curious about others' experience on these matters. I suppose the most avid Hypermilers would trade creature comforts for range and electrical fuel economy, but that sounds so unfun to me!!! :)
Speed is the most important determinant, much more important than the other factors listed.

Speed is the most important determinant, much more important than the other factors listed.
Thanks - I forgot to mention this factor as well. In the above thread, I take it roughly 55 mph on the highway is optimal, and that the stop and start city driving would chew up power as well. So the optimal driving --- is again not the enjoyable, fun, or realistic driving that most of us do... so the 'reality range' is likely substantially less than the estimate? I guess I'll have more data on my first long road trip. Anyone posted miles per kwh on those long trips on hwy, going 70 mph, etc, and using creature comforts?

Thanks - I forgot to mention this factor as well. In the above thread, I take it roughly 55 mph on the highway is optimal, and that the stop and start city driving would chew up power as well. So the optimal driving --- is again not the enjoyable, fun, or realistic driving that most of us do... so the 'reality range' is likely substantially less than the estimate? I guess I'll have more data on my first long road trip. Anyone posted miles per kwh on those long trips on hwy, going 70 mph, etc, and using creature comforts?
I did I did a video on it:

And we must also mention the requisite "the miles shown are not real miles but EPA miles." Be like the rest of us and switch to percentage

Oops. Try this:
Thanks - appreciate the detail. It's possible that the range loss was due to the slow and go traffic on the highway. However, I sat in my parked Lucid which was charged to 80%/420 miles. Pretty much as soon as I sat in it, the range went down to 418 right off the bat. Then I had two massages. I turned on the AC for a couple of minutes. I was playing music throughout. The range went down to 415 mi/79% over the course of the ~ 1 hour. So I lost 3 miles with just use of the interior. However, most of that seemed to happen as I was turning on the options. The second massage, the range/percentage didn't budge.

Thanks - appreciate the detail. It's possible that the range loss was due to the slow and go traffic on the highway. However, I sat in my parked Lucid which was charged to 80%/420 miles. Pretty much as soon as I sat in it, the range went down to 418 right off the bat. Then I had two massages. I turned on the AC for a couple of minutes. I was playing music throughout. The range went down to 415 mi/79% over the course of the ~ 1 hour. So I lost 3 miles with just use of the interior. However, most of that seemed to happen as I was turning on the options. The second massage, the range/percentage didn't budge.
Forget about the displayed range in miles. Use the percentage. If you look in the FAQ section at www.lucidupdates.com, you will see a lengthy entry about how to more accurately calculate your range. Unfortunately, the miles the car displays is not accurate at this time. I and others have been begging Lucid to make it more based on driving history rather than EPA but that hasn’t happened yet.

Forget about the displayed range in miles. Use the percentage. If you look in the FAQ section at www.lucidupdates.com, you will see a lengthy entry about how to more accurately calculate your range. Unfortunately, the miles the car displays is not accurate at this time. I and others have been begging Lucid to make it more based on driving history rather than EPA but that hasn’t happened yet.
Thanks! So it lost 1% between essentially opening the door and turning things on. Newbie notifications turned down lol.

Thanks! So it lost 1% between essentially opening the door and turning things on. Newbie notifications turned down lol.
Yeah, definitely can't trust the estimated range, unfortunately. The good news is that all those amenities like massage and AC really don't cause much battery drain. So unless you are really trying to hypermile, don't worry about making yourself comfortable.

I guess if I happened to get low (below 10%) then I might switch to a "low power mode" and turn off some of the amenities. But otherwise, should be fine. And what Bobby and others said about battery use optimization if possible with speed is good - but it's not always possible, given slow and go conditions. As I said, that is probably what chewed up a bit of my battery. Will keep observing. Not really a major issue.

I have to point out that the range gets significantly better with several thousand miles….it’s been described as “break in “ We just got back from a long 2 week road trip from California to Santa Fe and back…. The efficiency was much better at close to 13,000 miles than it was at 3-4,000 and definitely better than the first few months.

Back