Backseat cover for dogs

Bookmarking this thread. I will be looking at backseat covers if/when the time comes for Pure. Initially I was thinking I wont use the Air if I'm bringing my doggo because of fur and dirt issues, but I came to the conclusion that doggo is more important and why bother getting a car if doggo can't use it lol

Does anyone know if a door protector will work on the Lucid? They require slipping plastic tabs between the windows and the trim on the inside. It seems like it will work on some car models but not all.

Does anyone know if a door protector will work on the Lucid? They require slipping plastic tabs between the windows and the trim on the inside. It seems like it will work on some car models but not all.

I think it would

For those who are interested in putting their dogs in the backseat of theAir (unlike @CraZ8 who lets his dog drive the car), I just got this to protect the doors. Fits well where the window shade goes but could be an issue if you raise the window shade.

4BF87F99-F935-4DF1-BDA4-BE65DF3399F1.jpeg
A476DCED-B6F1-4A3D-BEA0-7398DF778FA4.jpeg

Also, here’s what the Orvis seat protector looks like. I bought the hammock style to have extra fabric along the floor.

For those who are interested in putting their dogs in the backseat of theAir (unlike @CraZ8 who lets his dog drive the car), I just got this to protect the doors. Fits well where the window shade goes but could be an issue if you raise the window shade.

View attachment 2009View attachment 2010

Also, here’s what the Orvis seat protector looks like. I bought the hammock style to have extra fabric along the floor.
On/to what have you attached the bottom of that hammock on the floor of the car? My dog too doesn't like the actual hammock per se so I too was thinking of taking the ends that go behind the head rest of the driver and passenger seat and hook it somewhere on the car floor like you have

On/to what have you attached the bottom of that hammock on the floor of the car? My dog too doesn't like the actual hammock per se so I too was thinking of taking the ends that go behind the head rest of the driver and passenger seat and hook it somewhere on the car floor like you have

There isn’t a place to fasten it, so I’m letting it go loose. Orvis sells a fitted seat cover for $10 less but the reviews talk about it easily getting loose, so I thought I’d go for the extra fabric.

Is that large or extra large? That looks comfortable I might have to compete with my dog. Does it work securely with the headrest? I will need it hammock style as my doggo likes to lean forward towards driver/passenger.

The side door mat looks like it has to be attached to the window?

That’s the Orvis large. Secures to the back headrest just fine. I’m not planning to use it as a hammock, so no attachment to front headrest. The side door mat has clips that go into where the window sunscreen goes. There’s plenty of space.

That’s the Orvis large. Secures to the back headrest just fine. I’m not planning to use it as a hammock, so no attachment to front headrest. The side door mat has clips that go into where the window sunscreen goes. There’s plenty of space.
Can the front be secured for hammock config? Or is the headrest not suitable for it? My doggo will need a hammock config.

Looks nice! Color matches too.

A door protector is a great addition. Have been using the Orvis seat protector and hammock, but my big guy does make a mess of the windows and doors.

Can the front be secured for hammock config? Or is the headrest not suitable for it? My doggo will need a hammock config.

Looks nice! Color matches too.

I haven’t tried the hammock thing but don’t see why it would be a issue. I’ll check if the large Orvis is large enough.

Just ordered mine this morning, yours looks great( both the cover and the dog) Yoyo doesn’t drive much any more as no self drive with Lucid yet plus I think her eye prescription changed

Just ordered mine this morning, yours looks great( both the cover and the dog) Yoyo doesn’t drive much any more as no self drive with Lucid yet plus I think her eye prescription changed

Mocha could drive, but she’s more the “once around the park, James, then home” kinda gal.

Mocha could drive, but she’s more the “once around the park, James, then home” kinda gal.
Ha ha! While mine likes to be in the car, she is too busy putting nose prints on the window to drive the car. AND, of course the self-driving features are not available yet, since her legs are too short for the pedals. Therefore, so she will be relegated to a car seat / bed for now with a harness to keep her away from the side window.

@Dortreo I will be getting the orvis and window mat combo soon. How are things holding up for you? Did the window attachment cause you any problems? If I want hammock style should I get the xlarge? Ty

@Dortreo I will be getting the orvis and window mat combo soon. How are things holding up for you? Did the window attachment cause you any problems? If I want hammock style should I get the xlarge? Ty

They are both holding up well. While the large Orvis will reach the front seats to form a hammock, my guess is that the XL will form a deeper hammock for your pup. The window things have been a really good add, as Mocha tends to scratch the door when she sees another dog and freaks out.

Back