Backseat cover for dogs

DJ@SJ

Cars
Grand Touring
Please excuse me if this topic has been covered before. I can't search for past discussions about "dog" or "pet" because this website filters out such short/common search terms.

Does anyone use a backseat cover for dogs that fits well in the Lucid Air? We are about to welcome a Golden-doodle puppy home in July. I had previously thought that a product as shown in the image would work. But after a test drive today, I realized that are two problems:
  • The space between the front and back seats may be too large for such products
  • There isn't a neck on the front seat for the cover to hook onto
I am just wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue.
91SZ83dczVS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I also literally have the same question for our pet husky. One thing I thought about was a liner across the back floor since there's plenty of space and they can lie there all spread out?!

It might be easier to get just a back seat cover and allow the dogs to lay on the floor as well as there is a tremendous amount of foot room. This may not be big enough for any dog over say 70 lbs ( our girls are 13 and 15lbs so fit anywhere)

Having looked for years on good seat covers, I agree with the recommendations to just get a back seat cover. Orvis has a good quality cover that fits my Range Rover so will fit the Lucid based on seeing the cars in the studio. You could drape the front over the floor on the one you show. Personally there’s nothing better than having a little head poke through and say hi from the back.

Having looked for years on good seat covers, I agree with the recommendations to just get a back seat cover. Orvis has a good quality cover that fits my Range Rover so will fit the Lucid based on seeing the cars in the studio. You could drape the front over the floor on the one you show. Personally there’s nothing better than having a little head poke through and say hi from the back.
fantastic...which seat cover do you use? Mind posting a link!

The seat cover depicted looks good. Where does one get one? Also, I need to have access to the seat belt receptacle to attach the restraint on my dog's AKC harness that restrains forward movement in the event of sudden braking. I suppose that I could cut an opening to plug the restraint strap into. I have used a sheepskin rug in the back seat for my 70-pound standard poodle but would prefer something like the one depicted. OT, but does Lucid have a dog mode like Tesla to maintain a comfortable cabin temperature in warm weather?

fantastic...which seat cover do you use? Mind posting a link!
Some good options here. They now have a foam pad that can go floor and hammock model you posted with a pass through.

It might be easier to get just a back seat cover and allow the dogs to lay on the floor as well as there is a tremendous amount of foot room. This may not be big enough for any dog over say 70 lbs ( our girls are 13 and 15lbs so fit anywhere)
Try getting them to stay on the floor. Won’t happen :)

That was my plan for my two labradoodles. They decided they are not floor dogs and it was like whack a mole trying to keep them on the floor.

We have something like the OP image in our Taycan that works well. So far in the Lucid I am using a blanket tucked into the seats

The seat cover depicted looks good. Where does one get one? Also, I need to have access to the seat belt receptacle to attach the restraint on my dog's AKC harness that restrains forward movement in the event of sudden braking. I suppose that I could cut an opening to plug the restraint strap into. I have used a sheepskin rug in the back seat for my 70-pound standard poodle but would prefer something like the one depicted. OT, but does Lucid have a dog mode like Tesla to maintain a comfortable cabin temperature in warm weather?
It'll will keep the temp for 30 min, but no dog displayed on the pad to show you aren't overheating your dog. Guess for now a taped sign like the good ol days will have to suffice

Amazon has lots of choices. Most have access to the seat belt receptacle. I also like the hammock style covers but it's because I'm not a responsible owner like you and don't restrain my dog in the car so the hammock style keeps the dog from falling into the footwell. It also keeps the dog from coming into the front seats.

My Labrador likes to drive so the back seat is not a option!
I think my biggest fear, whether our lab drives or not (the car is level 5 with 1.1.9 right?) is how to contain the massive amount of shedding. At this point, I don't plan to allow him in the car unless I want to convert it from Tahoe to Santa Cruz. But I'm interested in your experience with covers and/or cleaning the interior. Looks like the carpet, etc is much more like traditional carpet than the backseat of my truck. But it's a living nightmare to get even half of the hair up!

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered before. I can't search for past discussions about "dog" or "pet" because this website filters out such short/common search terms.

Does anyone use a backseat cover for dogs that fits well in the Lucid Air? We are about to welcome a Golden-doodle puppy home in July. I had previously thought that a product as shown in the image would work. But after a test drive today, I realized that are two problems:
  • The space between the front and back seats may be too large for such products
  • There isn't a neck on the front seat for the cover to hook onto
I am just wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue.
View attachment 985
Following this thread as we have had the same question. We have 2 Shelties who love to jump around and be wild in the back seat. Part of our concern is not just the rear seats, but also the fact that the rear of the front seats is the alpaca wool, which I would think could be easily scratched/damaged from little toenails. That's not gonna happen in our new AGT!

The hammock style covers should protect against that - both containing shedding and the back of the front seats. I take it out, use a broom. If it gets too dirty, just put it in the washing machine.

Last edited:
Labrador hair sticks to some carpet and no amount of vacuuming, sticky rollers or static spray will make the hair easy to remove. This is one reason I always get either faux or real leather in our cars. Even with covers some can get on floor carpeting and is a huge pain to remove. Sorry, no easy solution from me!
PS- When we do laundry Someone has to clean the filter in the clothes dryer twice per load!

Labrador hair sticks to some carpet and no amount of vacuuming, sticky rollers or static spray will make the hair easy to remove. This is one reason I always get either faux or real leather in our cars. Even with covers some can get on floor carpeting and is a huge pain to remove. Sorry, no easy solution from me!
PS- When we do laundry Someone has to clean the filter in the clothes dryer twice per load!
I hear you...probably why it will only be the rarest of occasions that he gets to ride. Hates riding in cars to begin with so I doubt he'll be too sad.

Our 2 Shelties can be a bit rambunctious in the back seat and we knew we’d need some protection for the seats and especially the alpaca wool on the back of the front seats.
we just purchased this seat cover, which works very well in our current, similarly sized Lexus GS 350. Have a look here: this is a new link as apparently the link I initialay posted didn’t work. This one does.

Last edited:
Back