Backseat cover for dogs

They are both holding up well. While the large Orvis will reach the front seats to form a hammock, my guess is that the XL will form a deeper hammock for your pup. The window things have been a really good add, as Mocha tends to scratch the door when she sees another dog and freaks out.
The window stuff hasnt damaged your window screen in any way? I'm just concerned because I saw a review that scratched their window. You got one for each side?

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered before. I can't search for past discussions about "dog" or "pet" because this website filters out such short/common search terms.

Does anyone use a backseat cover for dogs that fits well in the Lucid Air? We are about to welcome a Golden-doodle puppy home in July. I had previously thought that a product as shown in the image would work. But after a test drive today, I realized that are two problems:
  • The space between the front and back seats may be too large for such products
  • There isn't a neck on the front seat for the cover to hook onto
I am just wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue.
View attachment 985
Damn all that leg room...

Last edited:
Nope. You don’t put the window pad next to the glass but rather next to the screen shade. It fits like a charm. I posted a picture of it earlier in a different thread.

https://lucidowners.com/threads/a-dog’s-life….2729/post-66209

When are you getting your car?
Getting it on the 17th Dec assuming my invitation or the event doesnt get moved or cancelled.

Was considering keeping the old car for doggo purposes among other things but decided I'm going to sell it and save on insurance cost.

Just ordered the window mat. Still deciding whether to get the XL for hammock but also it says "spot clean only". Have you tried throwing yours in the washer?

@Dortreo I just found that Pure doesnt have the sunshade so I need to figure out how to put on the dog door side mat

Attachments

• PXL_20230406_182607166.jpg
    PXL_20230406_182607166.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 93
As a follow-up, here's the backseat cover and door protector in action. Someone doesn't mind riding in the back of a $150K car.

View attachment 3078

I like that door protector, but I have another question relating to this as we begin preparations to get a Gravity. Our 14-pound schnoodle has never been in our Air and never will be. But we take her for almost daily rural rides in the second row of our Honda Odyssey. She constantly runs from one side to the other, propping her front paws on the doors as she hangs her head out the windows. She goes crazy when she sees other animals, pawing furiously at the doors. Yet in over six years, she has not left a single mark on the door panels or the leather seats, none of which have protective covers. (I've been amazed at the durability of the Honda interior materials.)

Has anyone had experience with how unprotected Air upholstery and panels hold up in such conditions? (I'm assuming the materials of the Gravity -- which will be her new ride -- will be similar in durability.)

And how does that door protector attach?

I like that door protector, but I have another question relating to this as we begin preparations to get a Gravity. Our 14-pound schnoodle has never been in our Air and never will be. But we take her for almost daily rural rides in the second row of our Honda Odyssey. She constantly runs from one side to the other, propping her front paws on the doors as she hangs her head out the windows. She goes crazy when she sees other animals, pawing furiously at the doors. Yet in over six years, she has not left a single mark on the door panels or the leather seats, none of which have protective covers. (I've been amazed at the durability of the Honda interior materials.)

Has anyone had experience with how unprotected Air upholstery and panels hold up in such conditions? (I'm assuming the materials of the Gravity -- which will be her new ride -- will be similar in durability.)

And how does that door protector attach?
The door protector works really well. My doggo will hop up and bark at dogs outside, and it keeps her nails from scratching the leather. It attaches via tabs that slot in next to the window screen. See picture here. I've been very happy with the purchase..

Back