Average mi/kwh

Great to hear you can get 4+ on 21” wheels GT, will keep trying. ACC is always on at 73 in my case. I posted numbers in Smooth mode which I assume is the conservation mode.
OMG so many acronyms and things to remember. What is ACC and Regen mode maybe a thread of terms and uses for noobs por favor or is it already there? My advisor told me they look at that huge list of items to check and hence the longer prep time and will call me tomorrow to discuss. He needs my money so I cannot back out lol. This forum is great but exciting and scary at the same time. This is my first EV and a 150K drop on a depreciable asset. No reason to not look for perfection 🤪 or at least the truth that I have learnt here.

No real knowledge but I would think it's more likely that ACC does not do one pedal driving. Regen is probably disengaged during ACC usage and it uses gas and brakes to adjust speed so it loses all benefits of Regen resulting in the difference in mileage
Other EVs I have driven did use regen when cruise control was on.

Thank you kindly.
Here's a list of commonly used anacronyms (alphabet soup time)

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control
AC = Air conditioning

Regen = regenerative braking. Simply put, a way to reduce speed and sending energy back to the battery RATHER than using friction brakes to reduce the speed of the car. There are settings that increase/decrease the regen deceleration.

One pedal driving = modulating your speed (both accelerating and decelerating) only using the "gas" pedal. The trick here is understanding that the first 10-20% of "gas" pedal pressing is "braking". After that, it is "acceleration". If you have ever driven the cars at Disneyland or any amusement park, it is the same thing. Take your foot fully off the gas pedal and you start decelerating much more quickly than a "normal" car.

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine
EV = Electric Vehicle
DD = Dream Drive
SA = Studio Advisor (the person at Lucid who took your info down)
DEP, DER, GTP, GT = trim lines (Dream Edition Performance/Range, Grand Touring Performance, Grand Touring)
PPF = Paint Protection Film

There are tons more. Don't be afraid to query about them in threads, we've all been "new" to the alphabet soup at one point.

Here's a list of commonly used anacronyms (alphabet soup time)

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control
AC = Air conditioning

Regen = regenerative braking. Simply put, a way to reduce speed and sending energy back to the battery RATHER than using friction brakes to reduce the speed of the car. There are settings that increase/decrease the regen deceleration.

One pedal driving = modulating your speed (both accelerating and decelerating) only using the "gas" pedal. The trick here is understanding that the first 10-20% of "gas" pedal pressing is "braking". After that, it is "acceleration". If you have ever driven the cars at Disneyland or any amusement park, it is the same thing. Take your foot fully off the gas pedal and you start decelerating much more quickly than a "normal" car.

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine
EV = Electric Vehicle
DD = Dream Drive
SA = Studio Advisor (the person at Lucid who took your info down)
DEP, DER, GTP, GT = trim lines (Dream Edition Performance/Range, Grand Touring Performance, Grand Touring)
PPF = Paint Protection Film

There are tons more. Don't be afraid to query about them in threads, we've all been "new" to the alphabet soup at one point.
Thank you and that REGEN will need some getting used to. I was terrible at driving those cars at Disneyland.

Should we rely on this article---or the 39/39 actual owners here who failed to get more than 90% of the InsideEV number? And most got much less?
The Bay Area owners just ran a range test, and it was very positive, numbers posted in another thread. ACC definitively seems to hurt range, but is much more convenient.

So, in this case, I’d rely on this poll less than the first hand experience of recent owners.

This is an apples to oranges comparison... measuring miles driven and KWH consumed on a 100=>0% battery usage is different from reading the output number from an unknown algorithm for a trip that does not run the battery from 100=>0%... they are different tests using different measurement methods.

In addition, many of these early reports are from cars that have low mileage. The published tests seem to be from cars with significant 4 digit numbers of miles on them (one was 9000 as I recall), as was this recent customer test (though not all of the cars' mileage were reported, they all do seem to have likely been "broken in").

What are revenue opportunities. How the heck did they get certified at 4.1 and Peter crows about it at every opportunity so what is Tesla then 2.0 or lower 😂
Check out the range test we ran.

a convoy of 5 Lucid’s of various configurations, with a range of 3.6 to 4.5miles/kWh

you can ALWAYS drive more aggressively, and enjoy the car, for a shorter range.
personally, when I am bobbing around the town, I charge once per week (at EA), and drive how the hell I like :)

The Bay Area owners just ran a range test, and it was very positive, numbers posted in another thread. ACC definitively seems to hurt range, but is much more convenient.

So, in this case, I’d rely on this poll less than the first hand experience of recent owners.
Yes--I've been trying to find that--could you link? Thx

In addition, many of these early reports are from cars that have low mileage. The published tests seem to be from cars with significant 4 digit numbers of miles on them (one was 9000 as I recall), as was this recent customer test (though not all of the cars' mileage were reported, they all do seem to have likely been "broken in").
True. When the EPA does their range ratings for EVs they require the car have at least 6000 miles on the car prior to testing. They obviously recognize the car gets better and more consistent results when slightly used.

...This is my first EV and a 150K drop on a depreciable asset. No reason to not look for perfection 🤪 or at least the truth that I have learnt here.
Depending on your needs, I might suggest also looking at the Ioniq 5, Lyric, F150, Polestar etc for a smaller toe-dip into the EV world at well under half the cost. There are a number of great quality EVs available now and being introduced later in the year. My Model 3 was built in a tent, shows it, and had unstable software for at least a year. Love the idea behind the Lucid as we are an all-EV household, but am not looking forward to a repeat of the Tesla experience. If you also have a gas or Plug-in car in the family, there isn't a huge need for a "500" mile range EV.

I could be totally mistaken, but it seems to me maybe most of the folks who are stressing about exact EPA ratings, not getting far enough with the Lucid, etc. have never had an EV before? That's okay. It's normal to obsess about this stuff at first.

What I found, and what ends up happening with every friend I've convinced to get an EV, is that two weeks into having the car you forget all about range anxiety. And you start to appreciate the benefits of charging at home every day. Which means never touching a disgusting gas pump again. Never even thinking about fuel most of the time. Ignoring the price of gas fluctuations. Because the car is simply always charged and ready every morning.

I use superchargers maybe 3-4 times a year. The rest is all home charging.

My Tesla is rated at 316 miles. I've gone more than 200 with it at a clip but never pushed it much further than that. If I had to guess, it would maybe get me 270 miles if I ran it all the way from 100 to 0. Maybe I could get even further with no AC, driving slower, etc. But who needs that stress?

Yes that means on road trips, I need to do a little more planning than I would with a gas car. But it's not a big deal. And my butt appreciates having to stop now and then to charge up, grab a bite, etc.

Unless you drive 300-400 miles every day, in other words, all of these worries are unnecessary stress. And if you do drive that far often, you probably don't want an EV as your primary car.

The Touring is rated at 406 miles. Do I think I will get that regularly? No. I won't have to. All I know is that it'll get a good bit further than my Tesla, and that's a nice bonus for longer trips. More importantly, it should get better mi/kWh, which means I'll pay even less for electricity than I already do. Which is better for the environment, too. Wins all around.

I could be totally mistaken, but it seems to me maybe most of the folks who are stressing about exact EPA ratings, not getting far enough with the Lucid, etc. have never had an EV before? That's okay. It's normal to obsess about this stuff at first.
There is also the reason of trying to make sure your car is actually working correctly. Most of the posts concerned about low mi/kwh I have read on here seem primarily worried their car is borked. Some of us can't get our cars above 3.3 mi/kwh (EPA is 4.2 for mine) no matter what we do or how we drive.

Should we rely on this article---or the 39/39 actual owners here who failed to get more than 90% of the InsideEV number? And most got much less?
I get pretty close to 100% most days. Some days I even get more than that. On my "bad" days I get 90%.

Last edited:
Depending on your needs, I might suggest also looking at the Ioniq 5, Lyric, F150, Polestar etc for a smaller toe-dip into the EV world at well under half the cost. There are a number of great quality EVs available now and being introduced later in the year. My Model 3 was built in a tent, shows it, and had unstable software for at least a year. Love the idea behind the Lucid as we are an all-EV household, but am not looking forward to a repeat of the Tesla experience. If you also have a gas or Plug-in car in the family, there isn't a huge need for a "500" mile range EV.
Great points but I have looked at them and not really a fan. I am more a Licid stockholder than maybe a Car Fan but the idea of having a unique driving experience is exciting despite the prohibitive cost ( for me). @borski has convinced me that this is worth the risk for drivability alone. I appreciate your time and input about dipping in before diving all in 😂

Back