Auto Park 1.1.5

https://youtu.be/DCLQ0Lx46to

Tried Auto Park parallel parking. Only one car to work around so a fairly easy test. Worked great. Got the car pretty close to the curb. Video link
ooh this is nice, I've always been to scared the system sucks and didn't want to scratch my car or curb my wheels. Thanks Bill!

ooh this is nice, I've always been to scared the system sucks and didn't want to scratch my car or curb my wheels. Thanks Bill!
I had Autopark show as available a few times with previous software builds but could not get it to work. This is build 1.1.5. I was a bit nervous. Will try it in a parking lot next.

I wonder if it will event be willing to try in snowy areas like Chicago.

I experimented parking between 2 cars. The space had to be pretty large for the car to allow selection. The smallest space I got it to select as parallel vs back in was almost 7' longer than the car. My wife indicated it was a little slow and people would be honking. On the plus side the car doesn't get nervous being watched or someone honking. Parallel parking on Camino Del Mar in Downtown Del Mar, most spaces are going to be much tighter. I have enough confidence in the system now to give it a try. I expect to have to use the parking computer in my head for those situations. I'll post some video later.

I experimented parking between 2 cars. The space had to be pretty large for the car to allow selection. The smallest space I got it to select as parallel vs back in was almost 7' longer than the car. My wife indicated it was a little slow and people would be honking. On the plus side the car doesn't get nervous being watched or someone honking. Parallel parking on Camino Del Mar in Downtown Del Mar, most spaces are going to be much tighter. I have enough confidence in the system now to give it a try. I expect to have to use the parking computer in my head for those situations. I'll post some video later.

This is really good to hear. I tried auto park once before (just behind a single car, with no cars behind me) and it curbed my wheel :(

Luckily Lucid agreed to refinish it for free, but it freaked me out (also was nice to find out they charge $150 flat for refinishing a wheel, in general). Maybe I’ll be ballsy enough to try it again sometime with 1.1.5.

Question on the Auto Park feature...has anyone tried it or does it even work when parking in your garage? I think the car is small enough that I wouldn't need it, but we have individual bays for the garage, and parking the truck is a 3 to 4 step process given the narrowness of the bays. Just wondering if the auto park feature would allow for easy backing in.

Sounds pretty neat, I'll teach anyone to parallel park in a few minutes even the tightest spots.

Back