App giving unable to connect to vehicle error

Travelguy2500

Cars
Lucid Dream Edition P
started seeing this this afternoon. Called into Lucid who said they knew about it. Tried logging out of app then logging back in (which took several tries and also multiple errors before it finally logged in), Once car js starred app connect but doesn’t seem to see the car when asleep. Anybody else having this issue?
3981992A-A0EC-4AC5-A5AB-F350E1C649E2.jpeg

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this.

We are working on a fix for this connectivity issue from the app to the vehicle. Mobile key will not be affected (I know you mentioned you seldom use it for that).

We appreciate the timely manner in which you brought this matter up-it helps our team tremendously.

We will keep you updated as soon as we get closer to a resolution.

Are you on Android or IPhone?

Android for me

Miami canes was also having this issue.

to correct, I use the mobile almost exclusively (even though it is slow to work) which is how I discovered the issue. Using fob for now until fixed.

The error went away when I woke the car up (unlocked the door) opened the app, the app saw the car status, then I locked the car, car showed lock. Closed the app and it's working like normal again for now. Will continue to monitor.

Spoke too soon, error is back. So it just looks like it can't connect to the car when the car is asleep.

Yes seems like all is good if you are in Bluetooth range (after having opened it with a fob or card) but once you are out of range and the car goes to,sleep, that’s it

One of the reasons I almost never turn the A/C on remotely in our Tesla is how long it takes the Tesla app to wake up the car most days. There were too many times when I would try to turn on the A/C five minutes before leaving home, and the progress wheel was still spinning on the app when I got into the car.

My experience with mobile apps to do all kinds of magical deeds is that they generate more frustration than help far too much of the time. The remote start fobs of our two Honda Odysseys have always worked far more consistently than the highly-touted mobile apps for our EVs.

One of the reasons I almost never turn the A/C on remotely in our Tesla is how long it takes the Tesla app to wake up the car most days. There were too many times when I would try to turn on the A/C five minutes before leaving home, and the progress wheel was still spinning on the app when I got into the car.

My experience with mobile apps to do all kinds of magical deeds is that they generate more frustration than help far too much of the time. The remote start fobs of our two Honda Odysseys have always worked far more consistently than the highly-touted mobile apps for our EVs.
Oh I was under the impression that Tesla apps had no lag, that's that's to know

Oh I was under the impression that Tesla apps had no lag, that's that's to know

Tesla software has gotten better over time, but it's not always the gloriously fast and smooth experience that the fanboys claim. I can't count the number of times in our over six years of Tesla ownership that I had to delete and then reload the mobile app. Sometimes Tesla would issue a revised app and not notify owners that their old app was no longer functional.

On my phone app for my BMW 530e it takes me about a minute for the app message to reach the car and for the car AC to start up (what BMW calls preconditioning). It is a feature I use a lot in the summer at the golf course (take out my phone after the 17th hole, call my car, and turn on the AC. The car is comfortable by the time I get to even though the temperature may be past 100 F).

Was just about to post asking about the app. The problem only recently started and the only way to connect the app to the car is to wake the car with the key fob, so I see others having the same issue. The functionality on the app has always been spotty for me, even when it worked. I couldn't adjust the charging time at all (slider didn't respond) and turning on/off climate control worked only about 50% of the time and tire pressure never reported and just showed a dash symbol. I also attempted to delete and reinstall the mobile app, but didn't help.

Are you on Android or IPhone?

Well, good to know it's not just an Android issue. Better question is why did it just all of a sudden start with no app update or car firmware update...

Well, good to know it's not just an Android issue. Better question is why did it just all of a sudden start with no app update or car firmware update...
Good question. I'm trying to think back regarding the 1.1.2 update. Things were running ok with the app when the car was running 1.0.7, but starting glitching with 1.0.8, then consistent issues after I upgraded to 1.1.2.

It worked as late as Tuesday of this week for me (1/24) on the latest software. I was on a business trip for a few days and when I returned yesterday afternoon (1/27) it wasn't working. Thank goodness I keep one of the cards in my wallet or I would have been stranded in the airport parking lot). I saw there was a new IOS update (to 15.3 on my Iphone Pro 13) and installeld that but no change- seems that once the car goes to sleep, the app is unable to connect to the vehicle.

The good thing is that with Bluetooth on you can still use it as a mobile key, but the proximity won't work. You have to wake the car up by pushing the handle then it'll connect up.

Same issue here on iPhone app. Unbale to connect error for last 2 days. Connects when you wake up the car with fob. Cannot connect after car is locked.

Back