App giving unable to connect to vehicle error

Oddly the phone as a Bluetooth key seems to be better and faster than before now that the app isn’t connecting via mobile

Oddly the phone as a Bluetooth key seems to be better and faster than before now that the app isn’t connecting via mobile
Haha, I've always used the fob, but 1.1.2 seems to have improved the proximity open/close for the fob as well.

There is a version 1.6.0 (1608) update in the Apple App Store for the Lucid app. It states:
Fixed an issue where the App was unable to wake the vehicle and displayed 'Unable to connect to vehicle' on the Home screen
Other minor bug fixes and improvements

I tried this with my car, which is at the service center and was getting the unable to connect message. The app sat there for about 5 minutes trying to wake up the vehicle. This finally succeeded. So I would say this is probably fixed now.

There is a version 1.6.0 (1608) update in the Apple App Store for the Lucid app. It states:
Fixed an issue where the App was unable to wake the vehicle and displayed 'Unable to connect to vehicle' on the Home screen

I tried this with my car, which is at the service center and was getting the unable to connect message. The app sat there for about 5 minutes trying to wake up the vehicle. This finally succeeded. So I would say this is probably fixed now.
Yep, updated the app and it's working again as intended. Good to see it only took them 3 days to sort out that issue.

Yep, updated the app and it's working again as intended. Good to see it only took them 3 days to sort out that issue.
They probably submitted the app yesterday and it took Apple 1 say to approve the update (or more days)

They probably submitted the app yesterday and it took Apple 1 say to approve the update (or more days)
It said that the update was 22hrs old in the Apple App Store, but I'm sure I checked yesterday and it hadn't been updated – must have just missed it.

Alex, I thought your DE was in Scottsdale. Or are you a different Alex?

Alex, I thought your DE was in Scottsdale. Or are you a different Alex?
Same Alex (just changed my Avatar). I said, "which is at the service center." I can still access the car through the app. I guess they don't have a service mode for the car – or didn't put it into one.

Same Alex (just changed my Avatar). I said, "which is at the service center." I can still access the car through the app. I guess they don't have a service mode for the car – or didn't put it into one.
That's rather cool. Makes you feel 'connected' to your car from afar. :)

@Alex, I'm curious ... can you see the surround-camera feed from your Lucid while it is there? Is that feature even available?

@Alex, I'm curious ... can you see the surround-camera feed from your Lucid while it is there? Is that feature even available?
That feature is not available on the app. Once that is available, they will probably disable it when the car is in service. I suppose I could honk the horn, flash the lights and open/close the funk/trunk to annoy people there. Maybe I could set off the burglar alarms at night. I guess there are many reasons they should disable some remote functions when it's at the service center. I would be more interested in starting a software update, especially since it close to the end of month and the promised January release of the Dream drive Software is approaching.

There is new app version 1.6 that has corrected the lost connection.

But, ironically we found out if you delete the app and then re download it the mobile key is lost on the app. But car still thinks the mobile key present.

Last edited:
Seems to be corrected with last IOS app,update. Bluetooth key is also working much more reliably. Yesterday I had a weird occurrence after leaving the grocery store unlocking and getting into the car, the dash screen was red with a battery icon and all I could do was put it in park or neutral (like the battery was dead and this was some kind of emergency tow mode or similar) - tried locking and unlocking and restarting the car (put foot on break) to no avail. After a few attempts at that, I’d did the turn signal, lock car reset procedure, and it started normally and I drove him.

reported it to Telsa customer care to log the issue. I was one of the first 100 Model S deliveries and, by comparison, my Iar has been similar - missing features, software bugs, etc. but IMHO expected early adopter stuff and the next few months will be the most revealing if issues get fixed etc.

in my case (black DE performance in S Florida) my only hardware issue has been water fogging behind the drivers side camera adapter heavy rain and service is going to replace. Otherwise, hardware has been good.

now where can I find some decent properly fitting mats … I got the trim yourself kind but the OEM mats are still getting durty :)

reported it to Telsa customer care to log the issue. I was one of the first 100 Model S deliveries and, by comparison, my Iar has been similar - missing features, software bugs, etc. but IMHO expected early adopter stuff and the next few months will be the most revealing if issues get fixed etc.
why did you report it to Tesla? :)

why did you report it to Tesla? :)

That is why updates are so slow. Everyone is so used to reporting their problems to Tesla with their previous cars they do that automatically. Lucid isn't actually hearing about them :p

Might need to reopen this thread. I have the latest updates and now I’m unable to wake up my vehicle using the App. I’ve tried two different phones with the App. Anyone else? I rebooted the car, then could wake it up, then next day I couldn’t wake it up.

Might need to reopen this thread. I have the latest updates and now I’m unable to wake up my vehicle using the App. I’ve tried two different phones with the App. Anyone else? I rebooted the car, then could wake it up, then next day I couldn’t wake it up.
What is your phone app version

Back