Anyone listened to Q3 2022 Earning call?

Hmm. No idea what that is.
Basically buying a short term CD to lock up an underlying virtual currency. So cannot trade virtual currency until maturity. It’s one way to create reverse-leverage to let other margin trade shorting and earn interest.

Basically buying a short term CD to lock up an underlying virtual currency. So cannot trade virtual currency until maturity. It’s one way to create reverse-leverage to let other margin trade shorting and earn interest.
In my case my stock holdings are all long term. Just using low risk covered calls to expire more than 1 yr after I buy to lower my cost basis and if called away pay long term cap gains tax and to avoid wash sale I sell puts 30 plus days after the sale usually on a down day and re enter.

I am not sure if the Lucid forum is meant for investment discussions. Perhaps we have gone off topic.

I am not sure if the Lucid forum is meant for investment discussions. Perhaps we have gone off topic.
We are in investors chat thread exclusively for that. 😆

In my case my stock holdings are all long term. Just using low risk covered calls to expire more than 1 yr after I buy to lower my cost basis and if called away pay long term cap gains tax and to avoid wash sale I sell puts 30 plus days after the sale usually on a down day and re enter.
In my case, I have long term position in LCID.
I don’t mind sell put at 11 for income and if it does get exercised, I would immediately sell call. And I wouldn’t mind gets called away, if it does, it just reduce my cost average basis for long.

We are in investors chat thread exclusively for that. 😆
I just looked at PE which was negative and now 12+? https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LCID/ That is way under valued. Perhaps time to sell a few puts like Jan strike 7.5 for 20 cents. 10 puts 7.5k cash 3% in 2 months and hey if it hits 7.5 nice to lower the cost basis. Very tempting trade.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-11 7.52.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-11 7.52.28 AM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 58
Aaand, we're almost back to where we were before earnings. That was a quick dip.

I just looked at PE which was negative and now 12+? https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LCID/ That is way under valued. Perhaps time to sell a few puts like Jan strike 7.5 for 20 cents. 10 puts 7.5k cash 3% in 2 months and hey if it hits 7.5 nice to lower the cost basis. Very tempting trade.
I did that trade. Got 18 cents. 9k cash 2% in 7d . If the trade were to be repeated annual ROI 12.5% 85% chance of profit (not hitting 7.5).

Yahoo finance makes no sense. LCID still has negative earnings per share - I don’t see how they end up with a 12+ EPS based on that?

Yahoo finance makes no sense. LCID still has negative earnings per share - I don’t see how they end up with a 12+ EPS based on that?
That is exactly what I was thinking. Td ameritrade thinkorswim showed the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221114_160316.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114_160316.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 75
I sold covered calls today above my cost for expiry in Jun 23 due to the spike up today. I plan to buy back on a dip and redo the trade as I did already a few times.
Bought back the covered calls today on the dip. The concern seems to be about the dilution. What Fisker did to raise capital initially was a $5k non-refundable deposit on the first 5k cars MSRP 69k. That was about 7% of the MSRP. Instead of holding so many reservations for a tiny deposit, I wonder if Lucid charged a $6k non-refundable on Pure, $10k non-refundable deposit on Gravity, how much capital they would raise.

Back