Anyone buy their car and have Lucid register it with their Montana LLC?

I usually use the LLC to purchase not only for tax reasons, but cars 11 years and older can come with permanent registrations that will never need to be renewed.

LLC assigns POA to my wife who signs MT title over to me individually. Car is then titled in FL under my name.

I usually use the LLC to purchase not only for tax reasons, but cars 11 years and older can come with permanent registrations that will never need to be renewed.
How do you register in FL? Did you have to setup FL LLC or FL foreign entity to register in Florida?
I usually purchase my cars with cash and register them under my Montana LLC. I have a registered agent in Montana that always does the title work for me because the dealerships I buy from usually don't know the intricacies of how to do it because the process is different than registering a car for an individual person in Montana.

Has anyone had Lucid register their new Lucid Air car under their business in Montana?
I, currently have a business registration in Montana with other items in it previously to my purchase of the Lucid. I am not so interested in the tax loophole as I am the inspection requirement. Example, in the state of New Hampshire, you cannot have any tinted windows. I am not looking to blackout my car, but I would like to have some decent tint to it. Although New Hampshire does not have sales tax, they have a mean registration fee on an annual basis. Montana seems popular. Also, if you do not register in your home state, you could most likely get away with not putting a front plate on as states “typically” can only enforce laws regarding their own state. And, who wants a front license plate on these beauties?

My dad used to sell auto insurance as an independent agent. He had lots of stories of people who played games with registering or insuring cars in places other than where they were actually used. And when those people had a major claim, the insurance company would refuse coverage and cancel their policy. They aren't going to bother investigating small claims, but if a $100,000 car is totaled, you can be sure they will. Something to consider before doing this.

Back