Anyone buy their car and have Lucid register it with their Montana LLC?

Dr Chill

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I usually purchase my cars with cash and register them under my Montana LLC. I have a registered agent in Montana that always does the title work for me because the dealerships I buy from usually don't know the intricacies of how to do it because the process is different than registering a car for an individual person in Montana.

Has anyone had Lucid register their new Lucid Air car under their business in Montana?

I don't know the answer to this question, lucid may very well sell to your Montana LLC, but I know a lot of States, like if you live in CA, are cracking down on this practice. There are a lot of wholesale dealers that also will not sell to Montana LLCs. FL might be more lenient when it comes to this scenario though.

FL is definitely not CA. I've bought 8 cars in the last 5 years with my MT LLC without issue. I just let my registered agent do it. My last Porsche dealer tried and failed on their own. Hopefully Lucid won't fail.

After 6 months, I register the car in FL and pay no sales tax. MT has no state sales tax.

Considering Lucid couldn’t even register my car in both mine and my companies names, I wouldn’t think they could pull this off for you. This was almost 8 months ago now, so maybe they are better, but I had a hell of a time after getting it changed around.

Don’t you need a MT license?
No. MT has no emissions testing or state inspections, no sales tax, and allows LLC's to be listed as vehicle owners.

Considering Lucid couldn’t even register my car in both mine and my companies names, I wouldn’t think they could pull this off for you. This was almost 8 months ago now, so maybe they are better, but I had a hell of a time after getting it changed around.
Did they release the car to you upon payment with a temp tag or did the registration fiasco delay your taking delivery?

One good thing about Washington DC is that there is no sales tax on EVs, no excise tax and also reduced registration fees for the first two years.

That is very good. Doesn't help with ICE cars though.

To answer my original question, I received the car with a 90 day Arizona temp tag and Lucid sent via Fedex the necessary Montana forms for fill out and included a return fedex envelope. The tags and title should come within 8 weeks.

To answer my original question, I received the car with a 90 day Arizona temp tag and Lucid sent via Fedex the necessary Montana forms for fill out and included a return fedex envelope. The tags and title should come within 8 weeks.
Were you able to self register? Begged Lucid to do this and they refused, I'm a travel nurse and they forced me to register in Minnesota where my license is

I usually purchase my cars with cash and register them under my Montana LLC. I have a registered agent in Montana that always does the title work for me because the dealerships I buy from usually don't know the intricacies of how to do it because the process is different than registering a car for an individual person in Montana.

Has anyone had Lucid register their new Lucid Air car under their business in Montana?
I plan to register mine with my Montana LLC, Took delivery of the car 2 weeks ago and paid cash for it 4 weeks ago. Still have not received the paperwork or title to send to my agent in Montana. Reached out to my DA several times. Crickets...

I plan to register mine with my Montana LLC, Took delivery of the car 2 weeks ago and paid cash for it 4 weeks ago. Still have not received the paperwork or title to send to my agent in Montana. Reached out to my DA several times. Crickets...

Assuming they didn't charge you sales tax at that time?

They did not. I live in NH. No sales tax there. Honestly, I don’t register in MT to avoid tax. I like the, no inspection requirement….

I never asked if I could have my registered agent do it. Lucid is doing it themselves. I filled out 2 POA forms and a MT title application they sent me with a prefilled FedEx envelope. That was 3 weeks ago. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to get plates and title when my reg agent does the work, so I suspect it will be the same here.

Did you put the sale through as a business purchase by your LLC? I did.

Back